Do you ever feel inferior on here

I belong to a group that a question was asked what you did for a living. It seemed like all the ladies had these awesome jobs. I felt so out of my element.

sandbuster

Asked by sandbuster at 7:55 PM on Jan. 28, 2011 in About CafeMom

• Not really because I'm pretty proud of what I've got, even if it isn't much and the choices I make. I chose to be a sahm, some people chose careers... it's all in what you want so don't let anyone make you feel bad.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 7:57 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• i'm with butterflyblue...a large handful of the PC&E ladies seem to eat and breathe laws/bills/amendments/etc..who has time for that? not only that, but they seem to remember EVERYONE'S posts/answers....LOL!! i certainly don't have time for that. so, if that means i'm inferior, then OK..i can live with it.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:08 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Only in the P&CE section!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:56 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I don't -- but I wouldnt belong to a group where I felt that way.
    I am thinking it may be because you want something in your life to change though?
    If no -- just say whatever it is that you do and ROLL with it -- It won't matter to your "true" cyber friends -- and those that it DOES matter to, you dont need!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 7:57 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I was in a military wives group and there was one lady (she was at one point active duty) who would go around making people feel bad because they hadn't been in the military personally. I left the group and soon after realized she had offended so many people a bunch had left and wanted to start their own group!
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 8:00 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I do more in the way of "I have no ides what I am doing on here" kinda way. But you shouldn't feel that way. 'No one can make you feel inferior without your consent' Eleanor Roosevelt.
    whitefamily

Answer by whitefamily at 8:03 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• LOL dullscissors! I totally agree with that. I don't really feel inferior, but I think that some people here try to make others feel that way sometimes.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 8:17 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• No, I am who I am
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 8:14 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• not anymore never on here but in life for awhile now im in college and happy about where my life is headed but most women on here just like to try and drag you down to where they really are so don't let them.
    peace013

Answer by peace013 at 8:15 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• No, because I choose what I do. I'm a sahm. I could have a career, but I choose to stay home with my son. I always remember this quote from this cheesy song, "The race is long, and in the end, it's only against yourself", or something like that. Don't compare yourself to others. There will always be someone with a higher paying job, more of this or that, but what matters is being happy with yourself. Life isn't a competition against others. Not to mention, these "awesome jobs" may very well be not nearly as awesome as they sound. The only person who can make you feel inferior is yourself. A job does NOT make someone better than someone else. I can promise you, you will be infinitely more happy if you don't compare yourself to others. Don't put yourself down. Remember, you are worth more than to feel bad about who you are. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:15 PM on Jan. 28, 2011