Are you allowed to...

Color your hair while u r preggers??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:19 PM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• They dont reccomend it because they dont know if there are any hazards with it but they will usualy say it is fine as long as it is not in the first trimester. I colored my hare two times durring my pregnancy and my son is fine.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 8:23 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Yes. Make sure you are in a well ventalated room.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 8:23 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• it's not recommended...people will say that their kids were fine and they did it...but why risk it...it's awful to breathe in and it can also change the color of what you want b/c of your hormones...use your best judgement I guess, and ask your doctor.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 8:24 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• The highest risk is during the first trimester. You can try doing highlights instead, as they don't sit on your scalp. If you decide to do any color, make sure you do it somewhere well ventilated.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 8:27 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• They recommend that you don't due to the chemicals that you breathe in while doing so.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:30 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• i'm not to sure but i hear that if you do the hair color wont stay in... but i'm not sure if that's a fact... i never tried it.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 8:34 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Im a hairstylist and I'm constantly around all kinds of chemicals. I'm pregnant now and I have a 2yr old son. None of it bothered me at all. The only thing you should be careful about is the color pulling a different shade because of your hormones being out of whack. If you are wanting to go lighter then ask your stylist to do a strand test on you first to see if your hair is going to be the color you're looking for. If you're going darker or dark all over, go for it.
    RishawnsMom

Answer by RishawnsMom at 8:49 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Yes. Try to avoid bleach on your scalp. Also, the smell might make you sick, so consider yourself warned. Also, your hair may freak out and do something crazy with the color, so be prepared for the possibility that it won't turn out quite right.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 10:01 AM on Jan. 29, 2011