if your child vomits, do you?

I am a grandma now, but when i had my first daughter, the first time she vomited i did too. i called my mom to come clean it up. she did but she yeled at me to get used to it. guess what? i never did and i still can't with my grandkids. anyone else out there like me?

Dianakk

Asked by Dianakk at 8:26 PM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Kids' Health

• When it involved dairy products, yes. I will never forget my son coming down with the flu. He wasn't feeling good and wanted some milk, which he is always drinking. It was a few minutes later and it all came back up and up and up over and over! It was the most disgusting vomit ever. I wound up throwing up.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 9:49 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I don't even think it makes me gag. My son has only vomited twice in his life. Once as an infant he projected it across the room and I was more impressed with the distance then grossed out, I didn't know a baby could do that. Then last summer he either got overheated or the flu, we're still not sure, but he vomited at a museum. I just whisked him to a garbage can as fast as I could and held him up. I felt more sorry for him then grossed out because we were on vacation, and he just felt so horrible.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 8:52 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I've gone through all 4 of my kids vomitting and have never gotten sick. It doesn't bother me. And with 4 kids, I've seen way worse stuff than vomitting. BELIEVE ME!!!!
    mamax4our

Answer by mamax4our at 10:37 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I gag, I can usually handle it but I do gag.
    sandbuster

Answer by sandbuster at 8:27 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• No. I just clean it up.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 8:27 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I usually gag a little, then try not to breathe while I clean it up. My mom is a 22 hour flight away, and my husband is always at work, so if I don't clean it up, no one will... that wouldn't be pretty.
    justplainjenni

Answer by justplainjenni at 8:29 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• No, but then again, my son is only 16 months old so it's never been a ton of vomit. I think as he gets older it'll be harder. Honestly, his throw up is the only person's that doesn't completely gross me out. It's the same with his snot. I'll wipe it off with my fingers and it doesn't bother me, but just seeing someone else's would make me gag, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:29 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I usually gag when cleaning it up, but have vomited while dealing with it before. I was pregnant and the smell was so overwhelming. Just thinking about it made me gag, lol.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 8:30 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I have never thrown up just because my ds did. I just clean up and move on.
    beautyoperator

Answer by beautyoperator at 8:34 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• No, it doesn't bother me, as I'm too busy cleaning it up!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:52 PM on Jan. 28, 2011