Sorry but more of a vent.....

I have seen so many women on here complain because their husband came home late from work or how they will be gone for the weekend and how much they miss him and how they just dont want to get out of bed until he gets home and I just want to smack some of them.....Mainly people who tell me that to my face though.....It just bugs the hell outta me. I have to deal with my husband getting deployed and the thought that he might not even come home and yet i know people who complain that they haven't got a text ALL DAY and I have not heard anything in weeks....I understand that people miss their loved ones even if they are only gone a short time but to bitch to someone who wont see her husband for 12 months.....seriously....what a damn joke....any other military wife's or moms ever feel this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:33 PM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• I cannot imagine how you must feel. My heart goes out to you in a tough time like this. Your post really does make me reevaluate what I bitch about sometimes.
    Kelli1012

Answer by Kelli1012 at 8:40 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• my Dh isn't in the military or anythign & i honestly couldn't imagine having to deal with that either... I look up to those who do .. but also just because we don't have our DH's in the military like some of you do doesnt mean we bitch when we want them to call us or txt us... As Women we all need to talk & Need our DH's just as much as you do ... =)
    mommyof2chasmin

Answer by mommyof2chasmin at 8:41 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Not about all the women on here but a few. I have a ex friend that her husband went away for a week for training in another state and she said I can finally related what you go through when your husband is deployed. I told her the F she does! Her husband isn't getting shot at, her husband isn't gone for close to a year. She hears from him every damn night I hear from mine maybe 2 times a week on the phone and a couple times a week in e-mail. I just wanted to slap her.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:42 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• all i know is that i give you millitary wives so much credit... my bf's husband is in the millitary and he is always gone and i don't think i could do it i really would miss my husband to much.... but if he was gone on the weekends or weeks i would like it and love it for him to call me and let me know he is okay and safe... but i would also understand if a day goes by and he couldn't and was out of range it happens.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 8:45 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Hmmm... why do military wives, that know what they signed up for bitch and moan about their husband's deploying.?
    Anonymous

• Why does it matter how or why or when we miss our husbands? He doesn't have to be gone 6 months in order to validate that I miss him after 6 hours.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 9:09 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I was a military wife, it's rough. I get what you're saying, but the day to day life still frustrates some, especially when they've never had to wonder what it's like to not even know what continent their dh is on lol.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 9:16 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• My husbands gone 3 days a week for work. I do miss him and me missing him is as valid of a feeling as a military wife missing her husband when he is deployed. Just because someone has it worse doesn't mean everyone else has to hide their feelings about their own situation.
    FricknFrack

Answer by FricknFrack at 9:33 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I agree with you 100%! I salute your husband and you for all you have given for me and my family to enjoy living in this country. I find it hard to grasp complaining about a man that is working at all! If he is working be grateful. Think about the current unemployment rate. Be thankful for the job he has! No phone call no text, at least you are getting a paycheck!
    Anonymous