Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

well we got the w2 today.. so we dont have no kids or nothing so my husban dis gonna put me as his dependent to see if we get something back.. his total for the year is 22,510.. do you guys think we could get something good???

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 8:37 PM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Money & Work

Answers (6)
  • i thiink so if he clams you then just maybe.

    Answer by Lynnsae at 8:38 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

  • go to they have a calculator on their site that can give you an approximate amount you'll get. it's just a calculator, so you won't have to put your personal info or anything in it, like your SSN.

    Answer by armywife43 at 8:39 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

  • well where i live my DH could count me as a dependent before we had kids & they didnt give us anything at all he made 30,000 around there but as soon as we had our first the kids counted for sure & we started getting something back

    Answer by mommyof2chasmin at 8:45 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

  • You will get back what they withheld from his paycheck.

    Answer by admckenzie at 8:46 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

  • I agree with armywife. Run the numbers and see which way gives you the lowest tax liability. Good luck!

    Answer by Erica_Smerica at 12:03 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

  • Welcome to CafeMOM.

    Answer by LoriKeet at 6:54 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.