I'm 1 cm Dialated =) but was wondering..

it's my 3rd but i've never dialated until my water broke pretty much with my other 2 kids ... i'm 35 wks & 5 days pregnant so my question is if i'm already 1 cm does it mean ill have my baby soon like in a week or can it take longer my due date is Feb 27th...

mommyof2chasmin

Asked by mommyof2chasmin at 8:49 PM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You could be dialted 1 cm until delivery. GL tho!
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 8:50 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• omg ! really ? thanks =)
    mommyof2chasmin

Comment by mommyof2chasmin (original poster) at 8:51 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• This is why I recommend avoiding vaginal exams in late pregnancy. There is NO telling when you will go into labor or how fast or easy it will be based on dilation. I was 3 cm dilated for three weeks with my first. I was 1 cm 3 days before I had my second.

There are reasons to check dilation in late pregnancy, but not routinely. Just avoid checks from now on, is my advice. You could have the baby tonight or you could go another month and a half. Unless there are complications necessitating they know your dilation status, don't let people put their fingers in your vagina or cervix lol. It's not worth it.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 8:56 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• well lol they checked me because i was having contractions for a week then they went away i hope my dr. isn't planning on checking me every week i see her...
    mommyof2chasmin

Comment by mommyof2chasmin (original poster) at 8:59 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Even if she is you can always just refuse :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 9:07 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I was 3cm for weeks before delivery with my second.. The others mom are right :)
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:11 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I was 1cm the week before my due date. My son was born 12 days past my due date! Sorry but I hope you have a quick labor and a healthy baby!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:46 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• DIlation is absolutely no indication of when your baby will be born. (Why do they eve check?!) You can go from no dilation to baby in your arms in a matter of hours. Or you can walk around 4cm dilated for weeks. Dilation isn't a magic ball and cannot tell you anything. It is also common when you have several pregnancies to be 1cm dilated through the whole pregnancy. You've probably been 1 cm dilated for many months.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 10:00 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I was 1 cm dilated for pretty much the last 2-3 weeks of my pregnancy and Ive heard of women being dilated even more for weeks... Unfortunately, thats not a good way to tell but you can walk around and do those little things to try an get things moving along... May help... Good Luck!! :D
    MommaBoop922

Answer by MommaBoop922 at 12:16 PM on Jan. 29, 2011