2nd set of shots

My 4 month old went for her second set of shots. On Monday she went in cause she had been running a temp and pulling on her ear it turned out she had a ear infection so they put her on amoxicilin. Thursday she went for her check up and they gave her the 4 month shots cause the Dr said her ears looked great and she wasn't running a fever but she is still on the antibiotics. Today she has been having fevers ranging from 99.9 to 100.3 is this normal with the shots even though its the day after?

MommytoBe987

Asked by MommytoBe987 at 7:47 PM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yep! my doc said if its 100.5 or higher then its a temp. my little one had a low temp like that too after her 2nd set but it was nothing. good luck! hope your peanut feels better =) Oh and my little one was miserable for 4 days after her shots so dont be surprised if the low grade fever lasts that long
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 8:24 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• That sounds normal to me. My son runs temps of 103 every time he got his shots. Tylenol wouldn't break it either.
    BabyBreyen

Answer by BabyBreyen at 7:54 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I would say it's normal. My previous kids broke out in fevers after shots. I gave Tylenol or used a cool wash cloth. It didn't last long. My 4mth old just had shots a couple of weeks ago. He didn't get a fever, but was a little more sleepy than usual.
    lilmomma4

Answer by lilmomma4 at 7:57 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• That's perfectly normal. Most doctors don't even worry about temperatures that low with infants.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 8:19 PM on Nov. 14, 2008