omg my left hip hurts so bad i dont know whats wrong with it

ive been having this pain for about 3 days and it wont go away if i lay down and try to turn it hurts like hell .. what might it be ???? ok at first it was my back but the bottom of my back now it just hurts on my left side

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:10 PM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Health

• Sounds like you have some misalligned discs. Spend the money to go to a Chriopractor- you wont regret it.
    maybaby22

Answer by maybaby22 at 9:21 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• um. go to the doctor.....
    Anonymous

• If the pain travels down over your butt cheek, then it sounds like Sciatica. The sciatic nerve originates off your lower spine--at the base of the curve in your low back, and travels over your cheeks, and down your legs. Flare ups are common if you're overweight, advanced stage of pregnancy, poor posture/scoliosis, or due to overuse/injury.

The best remedy is rest and heat rubs--Ben Gay, Zostrix, or anything with Capzasin in it as it's primary ingredient. When you can take the "edge" off, try laying on your back and bringing your knees to your chest to open up the low back area where this nerve is located to alleviate the pressure and increase circulation.

If you are overweight, losing weight will help greatly in preventing future flare ups. If you're pregnant you're just going to have to take it easy for a while, and if you have poor posture, you should see a back care specialist to address that problem. :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:29 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• That is exactly what I have! I first noticed it after I gave birth. I just think mine is out of place from childbirth. I really need to get in to a Dr and Chiropractor. There are days I can hardly get out of the bed. If I lay on my right side, the pain is horrible. Laying on my left side isn't as traumatic for my hip and back. I am hoping a few trips to the Chiro will help. It's painful!
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 9:50 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• sounds like a pulled muscle and it could take 6+ weeks to heel. Try motril/ibuprofen (unless you cant because of a sensitive stomach bleeding yu have been tod not to) three times daily with food. Also use heat on and off for 20 minute intervals
    you can also call your md
    21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 9:59 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• It's best to see a doctor. I hope you get better.
    free1

Answer by free1 at 10:08 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I am leaning towards lori keets answer..
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 10:14 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• If you can't handle the pain anymore, it is best that you consult this with a doctor to avoid any kind of complication. DePuy Pinnacle

pinnaclelawsuit

Answer by pinnaclelawsuit at 4:39 PM on Mar. 12, 2012