What Kind of mother...

I am really at wits-end with my FMIL. And its not even because she hates my guts but the way she treats her son, my fiance. His parents talked him into getting him a house, knowing they were filing for a divorce and then his mom plopped her baggage right on him begging him if she could move in for a few months. A few months turned into a few years and now, she says not only is she not leaving but WE ARE! The house is in her name, of course because if it were in my she would not be staying here. The cops would have escorted her out by now. Not only did she threaten to forge his name on the deed to the house, but also to take his truck because she put it in his name so his payments would be low. He's about 4 months from paying it off, but she even threatened him if he drives it, she'll call the cops and have him arrested. All because he wants to marry me! I can't even believe her right now, And the sad part is she's scared of me, she can't even face me and speak her problems to me like a woman. And honestly if I were not a sensible adult I would slap her in her mouth for being such a B****. I love my fiance dearly and I hate to see him going through all this because of our relationship. I don't know what we should do about her but we really need a solution.

thelovelymzbre

Asked by thelovelymzbre at 9:13 PM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• Ohh girrrrl.. we're in the SAME boat haha.. except luckily my fiance is FINALLY starting to see where I'm coming from.. thank goodness. First of, she can't forge his name on the deed because it's not legal without a notary or a lawyer.. she can't take his truck if it's in his name.. whatever happens, you two are going to get married and she's going to have to buck up and learn to live with it. Find a new place to live, give her a taste of her own medicine, and tell him he's going to need to back you up if you're going to get anywhere because YoU are the main woman in his life and if she's treating you like crap it's his problem, too! I so hope if I ever have a son his future wife doesn't despise me like I do my soon to be MIL.. good luck girl, and go buy a few bottles of wine!
    LishaBee

Answer by LishaBee at 9:24 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Okay your filing for a divorce? But hes your fiancĂ©e? I feel so bad for him. I would tell her to go get bent when you guys find the solution your looking for.
    iam4you2

Answer by iam4you2 at 9:25 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• lolz his mom got a divorce and moved in we're getting married so it'd be kind of impossible to divorce. He backs me up 100% and already calls me his wife not his fiance, and told her I come before anyone even him. She hated that it fueled her even more to be spiteful towards him. Sad situation for him. I just wonder whats the best avenue because she is throwing him all over the place he doesn't even eat anymore.
    thelovelymzbre

Comment by thelovelymzbre (original poster) at 9:29 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• i'm so sorry you are going through this... it seems like your in a pickle.. i would say get out of there your man does need to talk to his mom or get some legal advice on what you guys can do.. if she is forging names that's a felony.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 9:43 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Have her declared unfit and incapable of taking care of herself and put her in a home! I know mil issues and I wish you the best of luck! Congrats on getting married!
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 10:20 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

Answer by Noosa

I like this advice.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 1:30 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• If you and he had to live in a one room apartment, I'd let her have the house. Shame on her. He's a grown man and she still wants to control him. Congrats on the upcoming nuptials and I'm sorry about the crazy mother -in-law.
    debnich501960

Answer by debnich501960 at 3:29 AM on Jan. 29, 2011