Has anyone successfully done the South Beach Diet plan?!

After my 2nd son, my doctor recommended I try the program, since I wasn't able to get to the gym and was frustrated that my post-baby weight wasn;t coming off as easily as it did after my first child.

I was simply AMAZED that it was so easy to follow, and actually worked!! In just 4 months, I lost 53 pounds (more than I had gained with my 2nd pregnancy), and when all was said and done, and I moved to the maintenance phase, I had lost a total of 67 pounds--and weighed even less than when I got married! :o)

And whenever I need to "lose a few" I just do the 2-week program, and can lose up to 10 pounds.

LoriKeet

Asked by LoriKeet at 9:22 PM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I don't follow the diet but as a diabetic I have tried some of their recipes and they are pretty tasty. I just eat healthy and workout, but the South Beach is a really well balanced lifestyle way of eating!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:19 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• ya....NO
    Anonymous

• I haven't done the diet but I have tried many of their products like the steak sauce they used to make which has less sodium and sugar in it than the normal one. It tasted GREAT!

I've heard lots of great things about it.

I've recently lost 53 pounds but I'm just counting calories, eating healthier, not buying processed foods, etc.

CONGRATS on you weight loss!! That's AWESOME!
    Anonymous

• nope
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:18 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I haven't done it either but was going to say they have some tasty food. I like their cereal bars.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 12:16 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I have never tried it but how awesome it worked so well for you.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 1:08 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• No. I cannot go without any carbs, I get so weak and sick and my bloodsugar drops and I get heart palpitations. NOt fun.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:38 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• No. Good Luck.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:57 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• No.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 1:19 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I made it like 3 weeks but felt like poo!
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 1:47 PM on Jan. 30, 2011