Black History Month begins in a few days...when does the whining begin??

Every February, the same old whining starts up again,

"Oh boo! Why is there a Black history month?? Why isn't there a WHITE history month??"

Can anyone explain WHY there is a Black history month? I'd like to have a clever reply to the whiners.

(I am white by the way...)

Thanks ladies! Have a good evening.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:25 PM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• LoriKeet, you posted this question...why'd you then go anon? Did you forget? ha ha!

***
    Ummm...not only did I NOT post this question, because it's just plain STUPID, but I am reporting your post to the admins for being so obnoxious in accusing another CM member of posting something without any proof or reason to do so, except pf the fact that you have a personal grudge against me (which I do hope you seek professional help for!), and to do so ANONYMOUSLY!! LOL

So "ha, ha" right back at you!! :oP
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:13 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Wow, this is disappointing. Black History month is NOT just an American thing. It is celebrated in Canada and the UK as well. It is not only to teach all cultures, but to remind blacks of their rich cultural history and to instill in them a sense of pride. It started out as a week.
    Most of history was written by whites, often leaving other cultures out.
    Most of history was written by men, often leaving the valuable contribution of women out too. This is why March is is Women's History Month in the US and in the UK.
    Or do we think that there shouldn't be a Women's History Month either?
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:37 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• lol anon didn't read your question thoroughly enough to appreciate the tone. but anyway....black history month just takes time to learn some things that were accomplished by blacks that you may not have realized (ie. inventions we use every day, etc.) and for everyone (all minority, as well as white because many white people were killed during the civil rights movement too) to remember those who literally laid down their lives to give us the freedom we enjoy today. but there is also women's history month (march), asian pacific american heritage month (may) and i could go on lol. so i'm not sure why i don't hear people complain about those as well
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:36 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• You can't ask a question anon and then answer it not anon. They removed that feature. So, if a person is answering here, they didn't ask it.

Don't believe me, ask a question anon, try to answer it with your SN. You can't. So lay off Lorikeet, k?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:33 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• There is a " " history month for just about every race EXCEPT for caucasion people

God these questions bring out ignorant anons. Quick lesson...these history months celebrate and educate people on their ethnicity, not race. White is a race, how exactly would that transfer to a history month? White could be Canadian, English, African, Irish...see how that works? Learn your ethnicity, maybe you do have your own not so popular history month and your just too ignorant to realize since your waiting for white history month? And that's just silly. Race vs ethnicity...quick Google search may bring some people up to speed. And before someone says something about "black" being a race, I think its pretty obvious its meaning African American.
    Astraea_79

Answer by Astraea_79 at 11:38 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• . But when February rolls around, it's the same old complaints. WHO is the real racist?

Sounds like you are, to me. Drama troll.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:28 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Great answers Shareele and princessbeth
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:38 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• o and to the anon that is complaining so much about black only beauty pagent (miss black america), there is also miss white trash america.....just in case you're interested in becoming a beauty queen. i am certain that there are many white-only organizations, try googling 'white supremacist groups'. if you find a group you like then i'm sure they will supply you with a multitude of white-only magazines and other white-only things you apparently don't think exist. give me a break!
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:42 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I agree! So many minorities have so much going for them. What about whites? Oh wait it will be racist if there was anything for white people.
    Anonymous

• popcorn

gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 9:33 PM on Jan. 28, 2011