What should I do? We are going to the zoo:)

This may sound like a silly question but, We are going to take our 21 month old to the zoo. The zoo is an hour and a half away so we will be away from home all day. What are some things I should make sure I have for him and do you think I should take the stroller in with me? He is a good walker/runner not sure if he will even sit in it. I guess Im scared if I take it in it will be in the way another thing to keep up with and if I dont I will wish I did bc he may get tired. I know silly but what would you do? * please no bashing or attitude answers thanks!*

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:29 PM on Jan. 28, 2011 in General Parenting

• Take the stroller unless you are willing to hold him when he gets tired of walking. Sunblock, snacks, change of clothes...
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 9:31 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Absolutely take the stroller! You will be sorry if you don't. And brink snacks and drinks too.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:32 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I would take the stroller because I think he'd get tired. He may be fine but the zoo usually involves a lot of time, so take it just in case. You could also take small snacks, a blankie if he takes a nap and don't forget your camera :)
    Raccoon

Answer by Raccoon at 9:33 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Bring a stroller!!!!!! You will need one. I would also bring some bottles of water and sunscreen even in the winter. And probably a blanket for him to snuggle up in if he does get tired.

Then just make sure to bring a stocked diaper bag. This is another reason the stroller will come in handy, who wants to lug the diaper bag all day?

Have FUN!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:33 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Yes take your stroller. He may get tired from all of the walking around. Bring sunscreen, plenty of water (unless you don't mind paying for the overpriced water there), snacks, and extra clothes. My DS always gets messy at the zoo.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 9:33 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• If it was me I would take the stroller,sippy cup,a few snacks,plenty of wet wipes,then of course diapers,extra set of clothes,if he has a favorite blanket or stuffed animal have that along,pacifier if he uses one.

Ananomys

Answer by Ananomys at 9:40 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Take the stroller!
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 10:11 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I have an Ergo carrier and I would use that. Especially because some of the areas at our zoo, you can't take strollers into and we have a Bob stroller. I'm not about to leave my $350 stroller out where anyone can walk off with it.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:35 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• If you have an umbrella stroller then that's what you should take. It's ligher and easier to handle if he's up and running around. That way if he does get tired you do have something to put him into. Also, make sure to take a bottle/sippy cup for him incase he gets thirsty. If he drinks souly milk or breastmilk then make sure to pack that in a insulated bag with ice packs. Make sure to pack a easy transportable lunch for him and yourself if you don't want to buy food at the zoo. (As it can be expensive) Again just a cooler bag and some ice packs with foods that won't parish if not kept at refrigerator tempratures. Make sure to bring his favorite blanket or stuffie if he has one. Sun block, a hat, sunglasses if he'll wear them. Don't forget your camera!! Also make sure to bring an extra change of clothes and extra diapers just incase.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:02 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• yes take the stroller with you hell get tired walking around take extra snacks and drinks.
    stressedoutgran

Answer by stressedoutgran at 1:20 AM on Jan. 29, 2011