What do you do to improve your mental health?

Do you have a physical or meditative regimen or some other creative outlet that helps you find "balance" in a hectic world?

If so, how do you findmake the time?  How are you able to be consistent?  What would happen if you could not keep up with your routine?

LoriKeet

Asked by LoriKeet at 10:04 PM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Health

• I'm with people (customers) all day, 5 days a week and this is probably going to sound crazy but getting on here and chatting or watching other chats is my mental escape. I don't have to talk, smile or even care, just be myself with everyone on here.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 10:47 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• This world is crazy and maintaining sanity seems almost impossible at times. For me, I enjoy my hot shower at the end of the night. I stand under the hot water and just close my eyes and breathe. Sometimes I'll even sing to myself and I just take my time in the shower because that is my time for me. Then in the mornings when my husband leaves for work and my sons are at school, I make coffee and I enjoy that hot cup while I listen to music or watch a movie. These little moments I keep to myself are precious and I enjoy them as much as I can.
    txsgal

Answer by txsgal at 10:23 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• no diet soda, take a fish oil supplement(took a good 6wks to start to work and I had to play w/ the dose..I take 3x what it says on the bottle), cut way down on refined sugar, read scriptures & pray daily. And the kicker if you can make yourself do it daily exercise, get your heart pumping kind of exercise.

I have struggled w/ depression over the yrs and I have taken antidepressants at times. But they stopped working for me and I had to find something else that would help because the idea of trying to find another med, the trial & error was more than I wanted to face.

Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 10:33 PM on Jan. 28, 2011