i just had my first ultrasound and im 8 weeks and 2 day. the baby's heart beat is 183 and everyone is saying that is too high. should i be worried?

this is my first pregnancy so i am very paranoid about things like this.

dyana2o1o

Asked by dyana2o1o at 10:08 PM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• no way babys heart beatrs are sposet o be fast if i remember righ tmy kids were both in the high 190s
    Cherriemama831

Answer by Cherriemama831 at 10:10 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• who is this "everyone" scaring you about your pregnancy? unless your doctor gives you a reason to be concerned, don't let other people scare you. believe me, they will try. everything will be going wrong, and you're going to die and it will all be your fault, according to "everyone."
    mellypoo

Answer by mellypoo at 10:11 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• the smaller the baby is, the faster the heart beats. the people you were talking to were probably thinking about when they heard the heartbeat on the doppler which is around 16 weeks, and the heart beat will be slower by then. also if there was something wrong the dr. would not hesitate to tell you lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:12 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Who is telling you it is too high? If this did not come from your OB or midwife..one ear and out the other.. You will hear a lot now that you are pregnant. Take it all with a grain of salt :)
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:12 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• thank you so much, its my first pregnancy so every little thing scares me to death. did any of you experiance small amounts of cramping, i have heard its normal and that its not.. i havent had any spotting though.
    dyana2o1o

Comment by dyana2o1o (original poster) at 10:16 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Some cramping is normal, its just from everything stretching and adjusting to make room for the new baby. Even some spotting is considered normal. If you experience cramping with heavy bleeding, its a reason for concern, but otherwise a nice warm bath and relaxing will help with the cramps.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 10:20 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• If your Dr wasn't concerned, then you shouldn't be, GL!
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 10:22 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• This early in pregnancy 183 is perfect. Don't worry, mamma.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:28 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Oh yeah, and cramping is also normal. I always cramp all the way through my first trimester.
    Ati_13

• Yes 183 is great where you are. It is later it gets in the 140's when the baby is bigger. Everything is fine mama : )
    Anon344

Answer by Anon344 at 10:34 PM on Jan. 28, 2011