My cat is INSANE! HELP ME!

I have two cats, one whom is chill and lazy, the other is such a handful. I am at the point of pulling my hair out! He meows 24/7. He gets into EVERYTHING possible. We do not allow them on counters, tables etc. I constantly am yelling at him to get down. He can open my closets, and gets into them. He knocks over everything I own. i have tried a spray bottle with water, yelling, pheromones. He scratches and hurts me. He has fleas, and I have been trying to get rid of them for months, unsuccessfully. baby is due in July, should I find him a new home? Do you have suggestions? I don't want him to hurt baby.

Tarrar

Asked by Tarrar at 10:11 PM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Pets

• have you taken him to the vet to get a check up? also while you're there they could reccomend some prescription flea/tick things. sometimes aggression comes from the fact that they're not feeling well. so get that checked out first. the spray bottle works only if they don't know it's you squirting them. pretend you don't see them and squirt away incognito lol. that really works. makes them paranoid too which is good lol. i would just put a simple doorstop on the closet doors to keep him out. if he's still being a butt head after trying all that then i would find him a new home. but gl....hope it doesn't come to that.

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:17 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• These are all good suggestions but overall, call the vet and ask advice. Maybe somethings wrong or maybe he needs to be an outdoor kitty. Tough choice.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:50 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I have an out of control cat as well-but I think- who is going to take her- she throws up every place- she climbs the curtains and belly flops on to the kitchen table- she sleeps on my head-UGH!

I don't have a new baby on the way so I am not in your position-but know that the possibility of someone wanting an out of control cat are pretty slim- he may end up being put to sleep if you put him in a shelter- thats just a decision you need to decide if you are OK with-
    Good luck to you ;)
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 10:19 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I would take him to the vet and see what they say if you haven't already, and if it doesn't help I would find him another home with a baby on the way. And the squirting incognito works really well too, i had to do that with one of my cats. Good luck !!!
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 10:22 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• He meows 24/7. :) lol that was cute
    Anonymous

• Seriously, he does meow 24/7! And he is mean to my other cat, bullies him, bites him. Its sad.
    Tarrar

Comment by Tarrar (original poster) at 10:24 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• LOL grumpy cat
    Anonymous

• Sounds like you have a big choice to make- either way I can not say- I am not the one with a new baby on the way- I am keeping my pain in the butt cat but that's because my circumstances are different than yours-
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 10:30 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Has the cat been Spayed/Nutered? If not, that might be something that you should look into. A lot of times that helps calm them down, as it sends them into adulthood a little early. I would suggest looking into that. I know that some animals are hellions regardless, but hopefully there is something that you can find. You could also try crate training the cat. Putting the cat in the cage as a time out everytime he does something you've told him not to do. It's often used with dogs and I think could be very helpful with the cat.

I suggest taking him to the vet and seeing what they suggest. Especially if there's a remedy for those fleas. Remember, that the fleas get onto the furniture, into the carpet, clothing, bedding, etc. If they're not removed completely from the home the cat will never be able to get rid of them.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:41 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Yes, he was fixed right when he was old enough to be. My boyfriend will not let me flea bomb because he is worried about the chemicals. I ahve been using flea meds I get for free from a family friends neighbor...advantage. I have been using flea carpet stuff, cleaning as much a s I can vacuuming all the time. They just wont go away.
    Tarrar

Comment by Tarrar (original poster) at 10:52 PM on Jan. 28, 2011