REALLY need to tone arms , back and belly before my BFF's Feb. 27th wedding!! Any ideas?

I've lost 53 pounds over the last 6-8 months and I'm in desperate need of toning up! I was walking every single day and I'm going to get back to doing that but all that really does is tone the butt and legs while burning fat (which is GOOD...don't get me wrong but I need to SERIOUSLY tone these other areas!!).

My BFF is getting married in a month and my dress is a halter that shows a LOT of my back, is kind of fitting on the belly, and obviously shows ALL of my arms.

I can't really afford to join a gym right now...what can I do at home to tone the areas???

**I'm not expecting mircles in a month but ANY toning is better than what I've got going on right now. LOL

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:14 PM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• fitmagazine.com
    Anonymous

• If you have weights, do curls up over your head with your arms. 5 lbs is a good one. Crunches and oblique crunches are really great for abs. Do 3 sets of 20 3 days a week. There are some really amazing yoga poses that work your abs like crazy, you could find a video online. As for your back, I dont know what its called, but get down on all fours, and stretch your middle up and down. Lay on your back knees up, and lift your upper body. It works abs and back. You tube has alot of great videos...hope I was helpful!!
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 10:38 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• You were Tarrar! THANK YOU!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:46 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• weights... or cans of soup!
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:29 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I was going to suggest weights too.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 12:13 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• If you do a reverse push up that is awesome for the backs of your arms.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 1:05 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Okay, so you can't go to the gym...I am still going to sugest crossfit. I started 2 months ago. I have tone legs, six pack abs poking out, and firm arms. I am a 100% advocate for crossfit. Now, since you can't do it at a gym, i suggest looking up crossfit at home work outs. Also, I would recommend doing at least 3 days a week jogging. All of that will get you some results. Good luck...OH and be careful on the reverse pushups, if you don't do it right you can tweek your back. I'd do reverse pushups with someone else first.
    ladymomtraveler

Answer by ladymomtraveler at 2:28 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• PushUps are great for arms! Crunches got my belly back into shape after both babies...I know people hate situps, but they do work!
    MomOnTheRun11

Answer by MomOnTheRun11 at 8:32 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I agree with the overhead lifting for the triceps and also tricep kickbacks.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=tricep+workout+with+dumbells&aq=3

As far as your abs, well if you've been working out, I'm sure they

BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:51 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• are muscles under there, but you have to lose the fat in order to see them. I say just keep up with your exercising and do some cardio and that should help. Here are some exercises for the upper and lower back. I love the superman, where you lie on your stomach and lift your arms and legs so that your chest and knees of off the ground. It really works, my back is really defined.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=back+muscle+workout+at+home&aq=f

Good luck!

BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:54 AM on Jan. 29, 2011