money.

I work, my hubby works, all of our bills are paid, we have extra money, NOT IN DEBT or OWE any money to anyone. and my mother in law always bitches when I go out to spend money. It is on stuff we use, like I go to the store and stock up on things (with coupons), Or every now and then I go to the dollar tree and spend $50 like it is nothing. She says I buy junk and I am wasting my money..
CONTINUED>> BELOW!..

r00j04j08

Asked by r00j04j08 at 10:38 PM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I have no idea Why she is complaining but, it would really piss me off if it was me- it is not any of her business what you spend your money on or how much! That is Ridiculous! i think it is time to have a little chat with her- Hope things get better soon!

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 11:12 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I'd be so pissed! She is completely out of line! Your money and spending habits are NONE OF HER BUSINESS! She needs to get her own life!
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 12:23 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• we got out to eat maybe once a week. but were wasting money cause we have food at home. I am so sick of her complaining how we spend our money, esp.. when we don't owe anything, bills are paid and we have extra to spend. We even pay her $75 a week to babysite m-f 7:40a-12:15p. Plus we give her extra, like today I gave her $10 more just because, Last week I filled her gas tank in her SUV ($45) plus gave her her full babysitting amount. If I go to the store I buy her stuff. Why is she complaining?..
    r00j04j08

Comment by r00j04j08 (original poster) at 10:41 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I tell her all the time, today I even said something to my husband. She was a stay at home mom of four and very cheap at that time! I wonder if that has to do with it. That junk at the dollar store are things like hair ties, cleaners, Puzzles for the kids (today I bought 4 and was asked, did you need it?) she babysits and comes here so she sees the stuff, if she spots anything new she says "oh went out and spent money again". If I buy new clothes (which I barley do) she tells me I have a full closet full
    r00j04j08

Comment by r00j04j08 (original poster) at 11:25 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• i would say you're absolutely right. we should be saving money. i know a really easy way to save at least 75 bucks a week. see if she gets the hint. o and ignore her. she won't say it if you don't show a reaction.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 12:26 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Don't let your mother in law take advantage of you regardless of your financial situation.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 12:26 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• tell her tomind her own business you can spend your money any way you want to its yours
    stressedoutgran

Answer by stressedoutgran at 2:17 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• tell her to mind her own
    san78

Answer by san78 at 9:24 AM on Jan. 29, 2011