What is your definition of a good man?

I hear people say that they need a "good man," if you have a "good man" you better hold on to him, or that its so hard to find a "good man." What is a good man tho? Is he someone who takes care of you? Somebody who respects you? Somebody who allows you to take charge and falls back? What is your definition?

If this question has already been asked, forgive me. I am new and curious!

MzMommyDiva

Asked by MzMommyDiva at 8:03 PM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Relationships

• Everyones definition is different. To me, a good man is a man who is taking steps in the right direction. A good man is a man who disciplines is faults, persuse his passions, protects and provides for those around him, and just keeps trying. That to me is a good man.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 8:06 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• my husband! lol. he is a great, awsome man. he puts up with me, especially while i was pregnant. he helps clean the house, helps grocery shop, helps me go shopping for the kids, and will watch the kids on the occasion i go out and shop on my own. he lets me go out and hang out with "the girls" while he watches the kids. in return i let him go out and hang out with the guys. we have a great relationship. a good man is someone that understands you, helps you, is loyal to you, is with you through thick and thin, and even though there are times i aggrivate the hell out of him and he wants to roll up a newspaper and pop me (ok he's never said he wanted to do that but sometimes i get the feeling..lol) he gets over whatever i did before the day is over and gives me a big hug and kiss and lets me know that he still loves me. (vise versa for me also, only i stay mad longer than him. i guess it's a woman thing? lol.)
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 8:11 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• My husband is in ways a good man, he is a hard worker, is always trying to make me and the girls happy, he does whatever i ask of him and always makes sure to tell me he loves me. BUT he also spends alot of time on the computer, is a recovering addict and has a bad temper...but his good qualities out shine the bad so i guess he could be a good man since he does try to be good even thought he slips up.
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 8:12 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• A good man to me is someone who works hard, takes care of his responsibilities, respects women, is kind and giving, and is a protector of the ones he loves and the things he feels strongly about.

I'm lucky I found one.
    mwebb

Answer by mwebb at 8:13 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• IMO, loves you unconditionally, admits his faults and doesn't try to make excuses for them, is totally honest with you about everything, loves only you, provides for his family in every way that a man should, respects your interests even if they differ from his, supports you in any way he can and teaches his son(s) to treat women in these ways and his daughters that these ways are the ways they should be treated.

LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 8:14 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Ditto mwebb, I found one too!!!!!!

LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 8:15 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• to me a good man gets up every day no matter what and goes to work a good man accepts responsibilityfor his kids he also admits when he is wrong and will be at his best when he has a good woman by his side he will stand firm with his children and pay his respect to god and his woman a good man also has faults to because no one is perfect and some mistakes have to be made to learn ...I am blessed I have a good man

Cmm13

Answer by Cmm13 at 8:24 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• i understand that everyone's opinion is very different. my husband is a very quiet, hands on type of guy who likes to work with his hands in the shop, that might make alot of women angry spending so much time out there. but he has built the majority of our house, so i would say a good man is a man that WORKS, provides for his family first and is truly capable of being a supporter. Not so much of a nurturing type person with the kids, that's my job, but a man's man kind of guy, that can survive off the land and woodlands.
    JumpingHoops

Answer by JumpingHoops at 8:28 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• he provides for his family...he is affectionate and enduring but not a pansy...romantic when needed but not a girly guy lol...knows how to hug his kids and kiss their foreheads...but in the same you know he would kill someone if they tried to hurt you. someone who is strong..brave...a MAN. probably why i married a military man.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 9:04 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• note...no man is perfect. but thats love....
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 9:07 PM on Nov. 14, 2008