7 weeks and out of breath?

It sounds so stupid, but I am seriously out of breath just by climbing a flight of stairs or walking quickly from one room to another. What is going on with me? I am not out of shape or anything like that. I weigh 116lbs and am 5 foot tall. I feel like I am loosing my mind. Also, my asthma has been acting up quite a bit.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 PM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• a lot of the times people don't even know they're pregnant at 7 weeks...so you may just be tired..that is one of the biggest signs (it was for me) of being pregnant :) drink insane amounts of water and try to walk a good distance outside everyday...you want your blood to flow and to be in the best condition you can be :) congrats and good luck...oh, and sleep when you can now...b/c this is the end of naps as you know it after that little one comes :)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 10:48 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Sounds normal for being pregnant but if you are getting out of breath a lot call your advice nurse.
    mamatel

Answer by mamatel at 10:48 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• This is my 3rd baby, 4th pregnancy. I never had this problem before :(
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:49 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Also, my heart will just pound like crazy when I am out of breath. It is almost like I ran 2 miles...ugh.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:51 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• go see your doc
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 10:52 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• you may have something else entirely different going on and it's a coincidence.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 10:53 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I will do. I didn't think it was normal. Thank you for your advice.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:55 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• It is normal. You do breath more frequently when you are pregnant, even in the early stages. Your body also makes more blood, so your heart tends to beat faster, too. Many women find that they can't sing or play instruments while pregnant for that very reason. You're not out of shape, you're just taking in oxygen for two.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 9:51 AM on Jan. 29, 2011