How do I stop feeling like this?

I was late on my period and I thought I was pregnant. My bf and I want kids eventually but when I told him i was late and wanted to wait a few days before testing, he seemed to be REALLY excited and I was too. Then my period came and obviously I'm not pregnant. And I'm absolutely crushed and can't stop feeling horrible. I still have yet to tell my BF and I'm afraid he might be really hurt as well. So how do I go about telling him and then on top of it stop feeling like a failure and absolutely horrible about not being pregnant?

Bird16_J

Asked by Bird16_J at 10:45 PM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• you can't feel horrible about not being pregnant...everything happens in it's own time and for a reason...I didn't even realize I had missed a period and was pregnant...I took a test at work and waited for my hubby to come home later that night before I said anything...you don't need to feel obligated to tell your bf just b/c you missed a period. You could miss a period for a lot of different reasons. being excited is good, but remember, stressing about it can prevent it also. just relax, have fun and before you know it, you'll have that positive test you've been waiting for :)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 10:50 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• People TRY for years sometimes before they finally get pregnant. Just tell him.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 10:54 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Just tell him and if he is disappointed as you are, remind him of how much fun you two could have trying to make it come true.
    debnich501960

Answer by debnich501960 at 3:22 AM on Jan. 29, 2011