just asking

Do you consider cheating on a boyfriend or girlfriend a sin? And if you think it is a sin then what kind of sin. I didn't think it was adultery to cheat on your boyfriend and girlfriend

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 PM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• naa, just a part of life.
    Anonymous

• yes
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 10:56 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Yes.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 10:57 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Well, I believe premarital sex with anyone is a sin so yes, I'd think that cheating on a boyfriend or girlfriend was a sin, too.
    1 Corinthians 6:18
    18 Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a man commits are outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body.
    Galatians 5:19
    19 The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery;

What do you mean, "What kind of sin?"
    the_kimmers

Answer by the_kimmers at 11:12 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• yes, adultry. the bible says if you even lust over someone else in your mind its wrong
    noelliekodasmum

Answer by noelliekodasmum at 11:14 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Yes, basically adultery. But also bearing false witness, because to cheat means that you lie to your spouse/dating partner. So that's two sins committed right there. When your SO finds out they will go through a range of painful emotions, you have hurt them and God has asked us to live in LOVE, cheating would go agianst that. Now cheating brings out a deep seething anger from most people, so now that peron will HATE you, loath and despise you. So you have caused your fellow man to sin because h e now hates you, and hating is as bad as having killed someone.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 1:16 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I don't believe in sin, but I do hold myself to the standard that I am faithful to my SO.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:14 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I don't believe in sin the same way as most other Christians do, though I do believe that cheating is something that hurts other people, so I guess you could say that it qualifies. I do believe that cheating is wrong because its dishonest and deceitful and because it hurts the SO so much.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:59 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I agree with kimmers and the other ladies who posted that yes it's a sin. First because I also believe premarital sex is a sin and second because it's adultry. I'm also not exactly sure what you mean by "what kind of sin" other than the adultry part and/or the scriptures kimmers provided. Sin is a sin is a sin. Interestingly what rhanford says is so true and also the bible states that committing 1 sin makes you guilty of breaking them all (that's why her "progression" was interesting to me). God does not discriminate..He hates all sin equally. Though if you repent of your sin and ask for Jesus to be Lord and Savior and therefore are saved, God is quick to forgive and blot out your sin as though it never existed..as far as east is from the west :)
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 9:22 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• While I don't believe in sin, I do believe that cheating is wrong. However, my definition of what constitutes cheating is alot more "liberal" then most other people.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 11:13 AM on Jan. 29, 2011