Bleeding between Periods(ttc&tmi) adult content

I was on depo provera shots since october2009, didnt go for my sept 2010 shot because SO and I are ttc again! after many negative pregnancy tests we've given up, for now. Thing is I just had my regular period December 14-19, As in January 13-18. NOW I am bleeding again like it is my period! A few days ago, I had light bleeding, it went away, Now I am having bright red mucus like blood with light cramps... is this normal?!?!?! I am not pregnant (according to Dr.) AGAIN IS THIS NORMAL after being on depo for about a year?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

dracosmommy

Asked by dracosmommy at 10:49 PM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Health

• you've been on depo for a year...it's gonna take some time for your cycles to become normal again...just like with any birth control...they get screwed up when you first go on them and get screwed up again when you go off.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 10:52 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I agree with the earlier post. depo really messed my system up. I would recommend your doctor to put you on a low estrogen birth control pill. It will help regulate your cycles.
    Also stress can add to it. When I was seperated and getting ready to go through a messy divorce I had a light cycle for over a month. I felt so tired and run down from it. Thank God that chapter of my life is over.
    peachwine

Answer by peachwine at 1:13 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• i've been off depo for 2 yrs and still no luck ttc. i actually had to get provera to induce my periods..then i started having the bleeding in between periods. it turned out i had cysts. my doc prescribed my some bc pills to try to help and i took 2 months worth and have been off for 2 months now..luckily last month i had no break through bleeding..it seemed like a normal period. hopefully things are regular for me now and we will have better luck ttc. talk to your doctor more about what you can do to try to get a regulated cycle. good luck
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:19 AM on Jan. 29, 2011