Looking for letters and diary excerpts from the 50s and 60s written by women

I know this is a crazy request- but I'm teaching an online class and I would like to provide my students with anonymous excerpts from diaries written by women in the 1950s and 1960s. They would only be used for my personal classes- they would be posted online to a secure site that only my students and I have access to. I'm looking for as many as I can find from as many different age groups, races and social classes as I can get. I plan to take these and post pictures of women from the 60s and have the students decide what the author of the diary most likely looked like. From there the students would need to analyze how their favorite of the women would probably respond to issues about women in the workforce, the Equal Rights Amendment, and the use of the birth control pill. I know this is probably a strange place to request such a thing- but those who have published their diaries are protected by copyright law and I was hoping maybe some of the women here might have the diaries of aunts or mothers that they wouldn't mind sharing for a good- and not for profit cause.

Kimberlee115

Asked by Kimberlee115 at 10:53 PM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Just for Fun

• sorry, i have a diary from my mother but it is from the 70's. and boy was she wild lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:55 PM on Jan. 28, 2011