And to think my DH really loved me!

My DH told me tonight that he was only with me because he felt like he could not do better then me. I think my world fell out from under me when he told me that. Now I feel completely empty inside. I just don't even know what to think or feel. Sorry to vent.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:53 PM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• wow! what a ass, offer him head, and BITE it hard!
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 10:55 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• That's a pretty nasty thing to say. Sorry you have to deal with it.
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 10:56 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• he doesnt deserve you!!
    sandjmom99

Answer by sandjmom99 at 10:57 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• so i guess he meant it to mean he settled for you? or that you're the best? i guess it depends on how he said it because truthfully WHAT he said could go either way to me.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:58 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Oh wow.. Does his actions match what he says.. I find it hard to believe he said this out of the blue to be mean.. Maybe he thinks you are the best and no one else could top you.. I was not there but it could have been a compliment but came out wrong or you took it wrong..

If he treats you like gold, respects you etc.. I would think he really does love you...

If this is not the way he meant it.. I am so sorry, hugs to you...

midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:59 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I can see where tone of voice has a lot to do with this, but since you are this upset he probably said it the wrong way. I am sorry hun. I would tell him if he really felt he had to settle there is the door get the hell out.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 11:00 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Oh hun I'm SO sorry he told you that!!!! DO NOT feel any less because he said that he felt he couldn't do better than you! He's an ass for saying that and the reason he's with you is because YOU wanted him and loved him! Other wise his ass would be out on the street alone. DO NOT think that you are anything less than a beautiful woman and mother!!! He's a dick head and needs to have his ass handed to him for saying that. It's HIS fault and he's the worthless piece of shit for even saying that. I'm so very sorry you have to deal with that. I say pack his shit up and throw his sorry ass out and tell him to fuck off he's NOT worth your time or your tears! Good luck sweety
    Bird16_J

Answer by Bird16_J at 11:00 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• What a hurtful thing for him to say to you, and for you to hear. Sounds to me like, he's right. He can't do any better than you, because no other woman would put up with that shit. it sounds like you are taking it pretty well, I would have flipped the 'F" out! Im sorry you have to go through this, but DO NOT let him get away with it. because you can do better than him, and you deserve so much to be in a relationship with someone who loves and respects you. Good luck to you, and please...vent anytime!!
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 11:01 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• That sounds like a good thing to say when you are mad to really make your partner sting. Ignore it, just words and probably said in anger. People say a lot of things they don't really mean to push a button.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 11:01 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I agree with Princess Beth, my Dh has said the same thing to me, but he meant that he knew he got the pick of the litter with me. You need to talk to him about what was said. Men can be really, really stupid sometimes and what they mean comes out sounding completely wrong. 

LadybugTash

Answer by LadybugTash at 11:02 PM on Jan. 28, 2011