rooms?

do your kids share a room? boys? girls? both? age?

sandjmom99

Asked by sandjmom99 at 11:02 PM on Jan. 28, 2011 in General Parenting

• Right now my kids have NO bedroom, lol.  We are redoing them because they need it after all of the abuse my children have done, ha!  Okay, heres how I did it.  My 5 year old boy, 3 year old girl, and 1 year old girl shared a room.  Our bedroom was in the room across the hall.  We decided that with this tax check we are redoing their rooms, putting the girls in 1 room and the boys in the other.  We moved our bedroom to their playroom.  I am pregnant with number 4 a boy, so I have the newborn furniture that will be in the living room and my son will have his own room until this baby is ready to go in their with him. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 11:27 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I have one of each so they have their own rooms.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 11:09 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Right now our 3 year old son and 17 month old daughter share rooms, only because we only have 2 rooms upstairs and we aren't ready to be all the way downstairs while they are up here. I think once they are both potty trained at night and comfortable coming downstairs at night to use the potty, we will move into the master bedroom again... But I don't see it as a problem, they only sleep in there. We have a playroom on the main floor so they don't play in their room...
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:17 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I have 3 kids who now have their own rooms. When the older 2, girl and boy, were young, up to ages 4.5 &6, they shared a room. Now they are in the basement with rooms across from each other. Shortly I will redo DD's room for DS2 and his room for her, so she can have her own bathroom. DS2 just needed to be old enough to be downstairs while we sleep upstairs.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:32 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• they did when they were little
    stressedoutgran

Answer by stressedoutgran at 1:10 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• We have 2 bedrooms to split between 5 kids. The 3 girls have one room. They are 10, 8 and almost 5. And my son, who is 9, has the other room. Eventually he will share with his baby brother who is 6 months old right now and in our bedroom still.
    Up until we moved to this house in August my 9yo son and 8yo daughter shared one room and the 10yo and 4yo shared another. For 2 1/2 years the 3 older kids shared one big bedroom. The girls had one side and my son had this little alcove with his bed and toys. They started that at 7, 5 1/2 and 4 1/2 and ended when the oldest was 9 and moved out of the room and in with the littlest one (because she was being violent towards the other two and I needed her closer to my bedroom so I could watch her better).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:14 AM on Jan. 29, 2011