When you see engagement and wedding pictures in the paper, what are your first thoughts?

Please tell how long you've been married when you answer. I've been married 24 years next month and when I see those blissful, madly in love faces, I wonder what will happen to them when that crazy in love stage wears off - were they good/best friends first; will they have what it takes to make it in the long run?

etown2reds

Asked by etown2reds at 11:18 PM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• truthfully i think.........gee do people still do that? lol it's not done alot in our paper. i been married 6 years.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:20 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I've been married 22 years....and that crazy in love stage hasn't worn off....so when I see people looking blissfully happy like that on their as they announce their engagement, or on their wedding day, I hope that they've found someone they can feel that way with forever.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:24 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I hate to say this but I think its lame to post in the paper, but to each is own.
    staciepi

Answer by staciepi at 11:24 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I look and say " is al fun and lovely now see you in a few years"..lol but I do love been married love my husband!
    amparoortega

Answer by amparoortega at 11:28 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• 9 years and the first thought in my mind is, "Ooooh screw you"

But then I catch it and chatise myself. Thats jealousy and its not nice. I wish them the best and I hope they look back on that with fond memories.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 11:33 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I live in a small town - seriously - 2 papers published a week - wedding/engagement/baby announcement pictures take up 1 or 2 pages every Friday! The next biggest town has an insert on Sunday with huge write ups that describe the dress, list all the attendants, tells the brides/grooms educational backgrounds, reception, jobs, honeymoon plans and where the couple will be living!!

@ohwrite - you are still in the crazy in love stage after 22 years? That to me means you have the exact type of reaction to seeing your husband as, say, the part in the movie "The Notebook" where Allie runs and jumps up onto Noah when he's at work - her arms and legs around him & his arms tightly holding her and they are kissing - madly, blissfully, nobody else in the world in love. If you've got that with your man, you are 2 in a zillion.
    etown2reds

Comment by etown2reds (original poster) at 11:42 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• That is exactly what I do......ask my husband. I still count the minutes until he gets home....I still jump into his arms the minute I see him. People often ask us if we're newly weds...usually we tell them how long we've been married, but sometimes we just smile.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:46 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I mostly wonder why people waste so much stress and time on these big wedding, and announce them in the paper. Like the first poster, I'm surprised that anyone still does that. I'm not cynical, though. It makes me happy to see couples in love. I've been married 13 years.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:11 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I look at the smiles and say to myself, ohhhhh you're still so young, wait til you find out he/she cheated on you in a few years.

Yeah i'm bitter. lol It's all in fun

Then I look at their faces like reading them and think, she looks like she will wear the pants, spoil brat, he has anger issues, hard worker to spend it all, pregnant within a year. I have fun with those articles. That's why I never posted one. lol
    SnapIt

Answer by SnapIt at 2:23 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Crazy in love? I would call it a deep, comfortable love. He and I have been together for almost thirty years. We are best friends. We've dealt with a lot and I mean a lot but we've managed to come through it. He was involved in a very serious car accident more than 10yrs ago and was near death. He told me once that he fought death for me. I love him and I know that he loves me. I count that as a blessing. And I remember that I love him, especially on the days when I'd like to ring his neck.
    debnich501960

Answer by debnich501960 at 3:11 AM on Jan. 29, 2011