Whats the latest thing your child

has done to "test" you?

sarasmommy777

Asked by sarasmommy777 at 11:22 PM on Jan. 28, 2011 in General Parenting

• My 3 year old son likes to play rough with his 17 month old sister. He likes to hand her a football, then tackle her. I can't tell you how many times I had to stop doing something today because I heard him yell tackle, a thump, then crying. I finally took all of his toy balls away.... You would think timeouts would have done something. He was soooo ornery today!!
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:26 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Today we we're climbing a mountain, he kept jumping from rock to rock and wouldn't stop. Finally I said do it one more time and I'm going to spank. So of course he did it, so I had to spank and then make him sit till he composed himself and promised to listen.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 11:25 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• My son will be 2 in march. He likes to play with the plunger that we have in the shower (we have a flat drain that constantly gets clogged). We don't mind, as long as he's playing with it at the drain. Today he wanted to put it in his toddler tub (which fits in the shower). We said no. He said "Okay". We took it back to the drain area. While we were not focused on him (maybe 5 seconds?), he went back to the drain area, grabbed the plunger, and plunged it into the toddler tub. He wasn't allowed back in the toddler tub. He understood his punishment, and we tried to conceal our laughter.
    ladymomtraveler

Answer by ladymomtraveler at 2:21 AM on Jan. 29, 2011