How far along do you have to be before to doctor can see if it's a boy/girl? And how far along do you have to be to tell if it's twins?

Bella24

Asked by Bella24 at 7:05 PM on Jul. 7, 2008 in Pregnancy

• normally 16wks -20wks but usally they cant tell by 16wks because the genitals are still swollen
    MOMMY2BNOV21

Answer by MOMMY2BNOV21 at 7:28 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I think they normally do the ultrasound for gender around 18-20 weeks, but they can sometimes tell about twins right away...and that doesn't always have to be through ultrasound, sometimes they can tell from the doppler if they hear two heartbeats. Good luck!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:41 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I found out that I was having a boy at 16 weeks. They were able to be pretty sure at that point. I am not sure about the twins though. I have heard stories about the doctors not knowing until delivery.

http://1sttimeparents-whatdowedonow.blogspot.com
    NoJo

Answer by NoJo at 9:44 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• I found out that my first was a boy @ 18 weeks...but it's anywhere between 16-20 weeks...also depends if the baby is being shy and crossing legs...she had to move my belly around a little to try to get him moving to uncross his legs...it worked and she was right...he is definately ALL BOY !!!
    unique_style4u

Answer by unique_style4u at 11:49 PM on Jul. 8, 2008