Baby shoes that fit?

My 16 mo. old's sweet little feet are too chubby to fit into regular shoes. I don't get it! Her feet are not even that big, so there have to be other people with this problem! Length-wise, she wears about a size 4. I have only found one pair of mary janes that fit her, but they won't last much longer and winter is right around the corner. Has anyone else had this issue, and if so, where did you find shoes that fit?

oceanlover84

Asked by oceanlover84 at 8:11 PM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• This is very, very common. My little girl was the same way - her feet weren't wide but regular shoes didn't fit because her feet were so thick (height from ground to top of foot). I found the Stride Rite and Keds wide shoes fit fine. The salesperson at the Stride Rite store told me that most kids who have this problem out grow it around 2 and sure enough, mine has. Her little feet aren't any "shorter" but the height now fits easily in a regular width shoe.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 9:02 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• i found some wide shoes at baby's r us if u have one near by... my son has wide feet like mom and dad... we try to go a couple of sizes bigger too... cheap walmart shoes are wide too... sorry i havent seen alot of cute lil boots for lil girls with wide feet... but gl on ur search..
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 8:42 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I got tennis shoes b/c you can go a size larger and tie or velcro them tight around the ankle. My little one has fat feet so I had to get sandals that had a strap at the ankle AND at the toe area.
    Anonymous

• I have a chubby money I bought her a few pairs of Stride Rite shoes. They come in wide and double wides. They fit her so well. If you find a Stride Rite store they will measure his feet and tell you exactly what size to get! Its great. If not try striderite.com.
    Mrs.Bauer

Answer by Mrs.Bauer at 9:17 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I6 months should be i size 5...so maybe there small..i-have-16-moth-old-twis
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 2:03 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I had wide feet as a child and huge honking hobbit feet now. Certain name brands run wide, while others tend to run narrow. Just try on lots of different brands in the same size until you find something that works.
    mamawillis

Answer by mamawillis at 12:05 PM on Nov. 15, 2008