Making Money with auction sites?

I'm very interested in this right now. I've thought about getting in on this for years now and especially with the holidays fast approaching, I would LOVE to get in on the buying season and get some Christmas spending cash. But I'm totally new to this. I don't really know where to start, which auction sites I should use and all that good stuff. I really would love some tips. Is there a group where I can learn how to be successful in this biz or someone out there that can help me out?? Thanks so much!!

jenettyshome

Asked by jenettyshome at 8:13 PM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Money & Work

• You are only going to make real money on eBay, however if you are new you're going to get ripped off a lot also until you learn all the scams. The best idea is to join the cafemom group "eBay Sellers" we have around 700 members, many power sellers and people 24/7 who can help you. eBay has high fees, but it gets a lot of business also. Good luck. ~e
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 10:46 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I have been selling on ebay, but if the profit margin isn't high enough, you won't do very well. I'm assuming this is what you were asking, right? You never mentioned selling, but auction sites are ebay, etc.... I really only use ebay for a little extra money now, since the fees have gone up so much. It really depends on what you're auctioning.
    smboutique

Answer by smboutique at 9:02 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Try this website: http://www.ebookcraze.info/ . It has all sorts of ebooks that you can download and look at for way less than you would pay on Amazon and other sites. There are books that show you the secrets to starting and maintaining the most successful home based businesses including auctions like ebay. It's definitely worth it to look.
    stephanie_p1

Answer by stephanie_p1 at 2:05 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I'm not just interested in auctions. I would love to just have like an online store. Like I said, I'm just trying to get ideas and tips because I've never done this before. I'm just starting to read up on which sites are best and all that. So thanks for the advice!!
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 10:31 AM on Nov. 15, 2008