Worry!! I have a 3 month old and 2 weeks baby girl is she supposed to be pushing up when i put her standing up shes not doing that and my mother in law says she's supposed to be doing that by now stand up and pushing her self up ? So worry now..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Jan. 29, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No! Too young right now. Worry when the baby is 5 or 6 months and not doing anything. Tell your mom to chill out!
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 12:29 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I wouldn't worry. Every baby does things at a different time.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 12:30 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• So sorry, I went on a baby website that lists the developmental stages of an infant and this is what I found for a three month old.
    3 months baby developmental milestones:(http://www.baby-medical-questions-and-answers.com/baby-developmental-milestones.html)

Motor Development

At 3 months, your infant will:
    push up on his elbows when lying on his tummy (prone)
    still have some head lag when pulled up from lying to sitting but will have more head control
    take weight on bent knees when held in the standing position
    mostly have open hands
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 12:32 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Still all babies develop differently. Don't worry, enjoy the baby before he/she starts to walk. This is when you're in for it.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 12:34 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Don't worry she is making you worried for no reason.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:38 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• To early to worry. give it another couple of months :)
    Anon344

Answer by Anon344 at 12:41 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• SHE IS FINE...tell MIL to hush and let her learn and explore at her rate and not by the book. You can voice your concerns to her pediatrician but she is still young milestones dates are approximate! yes if by 5-6mos she can't do that there is concern but all kids are different!
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 12:46 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Babies learn when they are ready. I hate that we expect babies to come out of cookie cutters. They do not all look the same therefore they will all learn differently as well. Tell your MIL to back off. I had the same problem with my MIL as well.
    dragonqueen

Answer by dragonqueen at 12:48 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I wouldn't worry too much, give her a couple of months or so and I bet you she will be doing it just fine. I can't remember either of my kids doing that when they were three months and both of them are fine.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 1:16 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Don't worry abou tit. Kids all have different growth patterns. My daughter who is three didn't even ROLL OVER, we're talking tummy to back here a skill my four month old has mastered already, until she was 9 months old. Dr. never worried a day about her becuase while she was, and continues to be, behind in motor develope it's not so mcuh a delay as she has more social developement than she knows what to do with! So while all the other kids in Nursery color inside the lines somewhat neatly and attempt to make them look like pictures my daughter is happily scribblign whatever she feels like, becuase hey it's paper, and telling the picture what's going on (she'll even talk for different parites, it's kinda cute).
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 5:37 AM on Jan. 29, 2011