Venting about my friend!

I am certainly being a judgemental bitch so please don't take offense.  So, I have this friend.  I am starting to not like her.  Her hub and my hub are friends.  We became friends simply because of that.  She bitches nonstop about how her daughter won't eat anything.  Um, not true.  She eats A LOT of junk food.  They came over for dinner the other night.  They brought popcorn in.  I told my little ones that they couldn't have any because it was only like a half hour before we were going to be having dinner.  They let her stuff her face with that popcorn and then spanked her because she wouldn't eat her dinner.  Her hub makes more than mine and is STILL always broke.  They spend like they are millionaires.  A few days after payday they are broke.  At work the hub is constantly bumming smokes off of my husband.  Well, ya know, I roll our cigs because it's cheap.  They smoke Marlboros, won't buy the stuff to roll and then run out of cigs a couple of days after payday.  That's ridiculous to me.  Okay, enough nitpicking, I'll get on with it.  This weekend she wanted me to watch her 2 kids while her and her hub went and rented a hotel room.  Lets get this straight first.  She lets her 3 year old daughter stay up all night (our hubs are on nights) so that she can stay up and talk to OTHER men about shit she shouldn't be.  I told her that I can't handle the staying up all night thing.  This is my hubs weekend off too and ladies, it's time to have some ADULT time for us.  And to be honest, her older son creeps me out.  He is stuck up my daughters butt, she's 3!  He gives me a seriously bad vibe.  I could very easily just be being paranoid, but I'd rather be safe than sorry ya know.  Anyways, now she is mad at me because I wouldn't watch them for the weekend.  Okay, rant over ladies, lol.

MrsHouston47302

Asked by MrsHouston47302 at 12:58 AM on Jan. 29, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Sounds like you did the right thing. you always put your family first. Always follow your intuition, if something seems or feels wrong, it probably is.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 1:08 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• She needs to get her Priorities in Order- i would Not worry about telling her NO- she should not of even asked you in the first place knowing you have limited time with your husband too- & i would go with my gut  about her son- you never know!

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 1:06 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Yuck. Time to get a new friend. She doesn't seem like the kind of person I'd want near my family.
    ladymomtraveler

Answer by ladymomtraveler at 1:12 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• batshe sounds like an emotional vampire;; the kind of person who is not fun to hang out with and is always a negative nancy. you do not have to cut her out completely but always pretend like you are too busy to watch her kids or visit with her...hopefully she gets the point.

gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 1:41 AM on Jan. 29, 2011