What the best way to get in the right amount of veggies even though you may not eat all of them

tinamarie1972

Asked by tinamarie1972 at 12:59 AM on Jan. 29, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Put them in smoothies, have them as snacks and with meals. Mix them in with caseroles, etc.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:05 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I eat more veggies than I "need" if I make soup, especially if it's a light soup (not creamy, little meat, little carbs). Ditto the smoothies too - I especially like spinach & carrots in smoothies. I do have a couple of casseroles I make that I add extra veggies to too. Oh - meatloaf is a way to sneak in more (shred a bunch and mix in, also stretches the meat farther), and spaghetti sauce - I make mine homemade, and less than half of it is tomatoes, I load it with tons of other veggies and my kids eat a ton of it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Make a big salad; be sure to include three different colors

Answer by rkoloms at 4:51 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Make soups and salads and fruit smoothies.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 9:02 PM on Jan. 29, 2011