How can an adoption agency can give you only one option for adopt?

I'm a mother of three boys (12yrs, 10 yrs, and 5 yrs old), since I had my last baby, we (my husband and I) decide to not have more biological kids. I had 3 C-Sections and my back was affected from the continue epidurals and a fall that I suffer, and the Doctor found out I had disks degenerative condition from L1-S1. I been doing searching to see if we can adopt a baby. And all I can find is a agency that had disable kids with several conditions to get adopt it. And I ask myself, why? I don't want to offend no one but I also had a disable kid in my own family and I know the hard work you do and have go through. But you see in TV saying that are many kids out there to get adopt it. If some one can tell me where I can find a good agency or want o make a comment is more than welcome.  Did anyone know how the adoptions for military families works? Dis you think I should experience any problem if we found the baby? Did I can go with to without an agency? Thanks!

yellow ribbon

Amyelitza69

Asked by Amyelitza69 at 1:04 AM on Jan. 29, 2011 in Adoption

• There are agencies that specialize in all kinds of adoption. That particular agency specializes in placing disabled children with families who are willing to take on the monumental task of caring for those children. That agency is also probably very good at identifying the families that can meet those particular demands. There are agencies that specialize in African-American infant adoptions, and some that specialize in foreign countries. There are some that specialize in domestic adoptions and successful transition from foster to forever homes.

Depending on where you are, you may have several types of agencies around you. You may also have attorneys in your area who specialize in particular types of adoptions as well.

Just keep on looking, find the right one for you, and you'll bring your new child home before you know it.!
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 1:11 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• What about a baby from china??
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 1:07 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• did they use the words disabled or special needs? The adoption agency I go through offers kids with "special needs" which can actually mean something as simple as they have a sibling that they need to be adopted with and no other problems. I just wonder the exact wording.
    dragonqueen

Answer by dragonqueen at 1:10 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I really don't want o go out of the state to go and adopt a child. There many children here that need love and caring. When I check they literally say the conditions that these kids had, like retardation, heart problems and others.
    Amyelitza69

Comment by Amyelitza69 (original poster) at 1:14 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• What about a baby from china??

It is a 4+ year wait right now as well as approximately $25K with a 3+ week travel requirement.

OP- If you are looking to adopt through Foster Care, your area may be limited. It really depends on your area.. agencies tend to capitalize on infants, not older children and it is typically very expensive. It depends on what type of adoption you are looking for...domestic, international, foster...
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 8:46 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• What site are you looking at? My husband and I have one biological child, son, unable to have more, We are currently awaiting the finalization of our daughter we are adopting that has Spina Bifida and we are hoping to adopt again in the near future more children with Special needs, preferable medical needs. Would love to see the site you are talking about! Thank you!
    TiffyTaffy79

Answer by TiffyTaffy79 at 11:24 AM on Jan. 29, 2011