ideas for a 4 year old birthday

my grandson will be 4 in a few days and were trying to figure out what we can do thats not to expensive and that he will have a great time doing it

stressedoutgran

Asked by stressedoutgran at 1:30 AM on Jan. 29, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• what is his favorite cartoon character? spongebob, superman... you could go from there. try walmart and dollar stores for gift bags and cheap little toys.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 1:33 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• we usually invite all our daughter's friends over to our house, get s a bunch of pizza, some goody bags, some juice, soda and water and pick out a couple games to play and have a blast. Good luck and I hope you guys have a great time!
    dragonqueen

Answer by dragonqueen at 1:57 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• We have Dollar Store parties. I have 2 sons and my sister has 4 girls and 1 on the way, so it can get expensive quick. We started letting the non-birthday girls/boys go to the Dollar Store and they pick out the entire party, from the plates, napkins cups, party bags, goodies, cakemix, icing, decorations, to the presents for each other. Then they come home decorate, make the cake and wrap their gifts. They have had more fun doing this!. Of course we also have other gifts for them that are not from the Dollar Store, but this keeps the party cost down to around $30. Have fun!!!
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 2:25 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Last year we had a few friends over and I had a fun little craft that fit with the "Little Mermaid"/"Under the Sea" theme we had going. I didn't feed them any meals, just some goldfish and some cake. It was so simple, and the kids seemed to have a lot of fun!
    Maisy19

Answer by Maisy19 at 8:56 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I like the above mentioned ideas, but how about if you ad a treasure hunt to it? You could buy the dollar store trinkets -- hide them (get a bigger gift for the BIG treasure) -- then set up clues along the way! My 3.5 year-old daughter and her firends love to do this! They could even dress up like pirates!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 9:47 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• The park is free.. it provides entertainment. All you need to do is get a table. Some parks let small parties free some require small deposits. For food the 5 dollar pizzas are a great deal..
    Punkslilncs

Answer by Punkslilncs at 11:54 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• my sons 3rd bday will be super heros where the kids all come as their favorite hero... dollar store goodie bags and a bunch of old fashioned games like taag and duck duck goose :) Im due the week after we are planning the party... so this is the best i could do haha
    sarlove01

Answer by sarlove01 at 1:51 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• At my daughter's birthday parties, we blow up a bunch of latex balloons from the dollar store and leave them scattered about the room. When the kid's come they love to chase the balloons around and jump on them. You may have a lot of popped balloons to clean up but the fun the kid's have is worth it.
    amlaity

Answer by amlaity at 2:14 PM on Feb. 7, 2011