I sometimes can't be touched.

Sometimes I literally feel as though I cannot be touched or I will lose my temper. Is this normal for some of you? I read in a book this could be a symptom of PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder) and that you can have these reactions from being sexually molested, which I was when I was 11 years old. What are your thoughts? Any advice? I have talked to a therapist about this many times. I just wonder if anyone is like me?

dragonqueen

Asked by dragonqueen at 1:31 AM on Jan. 29, 2011 in Relationships

• I was kidnapped and raped and I have this same problem when I have come across one of my triggers. I came up with a word that onlty my DH and I know, so that when I am feeling this way I say the word and he knows that it's not him, but that I just can't be touched until I get myself back together. We have found that there are alot less hurt feelings and that it makes things much easier for me, because I don't have to sit there and explain why I don't want to be touched. With one word he knows what's up, that I'm not angry with him and that I will calm myself and things will be back to normal soon.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 2:11 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I am not this way.. but I have a friend who is. she was also molested and she said sometimes she has to sleep in a different room from her husband b/c if his foot rubs her leg it freaks her out. you are not the only one. keep seeking therapy!
    Anon344

Answer by Anon344 at 1:39 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Yes, I have the same issue. I was molested several times by several different ppl and also had someone try to rape me when I was a teen. I wish I knew what to tell you to make it go away. It's caused intimacy problems in my marriage as well. Hubby understands, at least to a degree I think. I also don't trust anyone. The only people that can hug and kiss me all the time and not make me freak out are my kids. Anyone else and i raises the question in my head of"What are their intentions?" and triggers all the memories of being sexual abused.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• i have the same issue as well, and i also cannot sleep at night, because of it. my dad tells me only time will heal it, but the secret word is a very good idea dmbutler
    mamaslove4ever

Answer by mamaslove4ever at 2:31 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I'm sure there are a lot of people like you. Find a support group somewhere, it might help you.
    debnich501960

Answer by debnich501960 at 2:47 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I have this problem as well. I was also molested when I was younger. So, I think it goes along with the territory. I actually have freaked out on my husband a few times because of it. I have certain triggers, and I have told him about them. Not sure if he forgets about it, or is just trying to help me work through it, but he "uses" my triggers and I explode. I have no idea how to work through mine, but I am trying.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 11:31 AM on Jan. 29, 2011