how do you get along with daughters

i have two daughters that are 10 years apart. they drive me crazy. i get balamed and yelled at when they are around. my youngest just had a baby she already has a three year old and i know shes tired but everyday its the same thing. i try to help both of of them but if things dont change soon im finding a mountain top somewhere and let them fend for themselves.

stressedoutgran

Asked by stressedoutgran at 1:40 AM on Jan. 29, 2011 in Adult Children (18+)

• I used to have a good relationship with my daughter, but over the last 6 months or so she's decided she no longer wants me in her life. It hurts,yes, but I've learned to live with it. Too bad though, she's missing out on some wonderful family time with her little brother and my DH. It's her loss!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 2:00 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• After I had moved out of my parents house, got married and had kids. I have had a better relationship with my mom. There are times where she still wants to tell me what to do or how to raise my kids but that is rare.
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 2:17 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• my daughters and i our two pea's and pond we are very close,
    it has take years of hard work to get where we are today
    i love both of them one is my child and one is my daughter in-law
    they are my life ,yes we have said things that not should have been said in the past
    but we have talk them out and moved on ,i am glad to be called their mom

dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 4:18 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I have one 23 year-old daughter. I also have 3 grown boys. If you find the answer to your question, please let me know. I'm in dire need of learning to communicate effectively with my daughter who lives at home. Every day is a constant battle for me. I'm sorry you're experiencing difficulty with your daughters, but I'm glad I'm not alone. Keep trying! That's all we can do to get along.
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 8:32 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• My daughters are 32 and 33, they are the light of my life, I have a great relationship with both of them and they always come through for me when I need them, but then again they know I am always there for them for whatever they need. I also have a son who is ten years younger, and he too makes me proud every minute of every day.

Answer by older at 8:49 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• mountain top, river float...whatever you find is probably the answer. i can love from a distance....in fact, i love them more from a distance! I feel your pain, though, really. I went to the river and floated all by myself.
    kbutts

Answer by kbutts at 1:03 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• my 24yr old daughter posted this last night...Mom i love you and I am so proud to have you as my mom♥ You are smart and beautiful and thank you for everything you have done for our family:) and she did it because she cares. After all of those female related arguments, this means more than any possession i could have. i am proud of my daughter, too. ps...i can't recall the arguments much anymore....
    kbutts

Answer by kbutts at 1:07 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• shruggingMy oldest daughter (44) doesn't speak to me right now. It's happened before. And my younger daughter (37) is so moody and bitches about everything :( I am very careful what I say to her. My son (45) and I have no problems. Craziness!

HappyGirl44

Answer by HappyGirl44 at 1:08 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• teen girlI have one girl she is 25 now we get along and love each other like crazy but.....There is nobody who is as mean to me , and pushes my buttons, picks on me then her and I don't know why but all of a sudden she will act just like her GMA my MIL and be a royal B .... I have to tell her call me later she does  but me & my 2 boys get along real good  its wierd too

peace013

Answer by peace013 at 5:33 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Give them the space to make their own lives. Do the same for yourself. Take some courses. Do some voluntary work in the community. They will see that you are too busy for their small problems and they will learn to solve them without you. You get your life, not yours and theirs. Same for them. They have to learn by experience.
    MLM247

Answer by MLM247 at 7:29 PM on Feb. 3, 2011