Excuse me I am not a freaking animal hoarder!

Wow that was rude.  We aren't allowed to use other moms names in posts like this and I won't but DAMN!  I just received a message from a very "special" lady calling me an animal hoarder!  That's her opinion and that's fine but lets not be an ass about it.  For one, I have 1 cat now, not 20.  At the time I had 20 cats, they were ALL fixed, had their shots, and had been to the vet numerous times to see if they could find a cure for them.  These cats were out in the freaking snow and SICK!  I was NOT going to leave them out there to die.  At least when they died, they were in a warm and loving home and were well cared for.  Get over yourself.

MrsHouston47302

Asked by MrsHouston47302 at 2:07 AM on Jan. 29, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I rescued my cat. She was the runt of the litter at my mom's house and the mother cat from the start decided she wasn't going to nurse her. The mother cat had taken the rest of the litter and previous litters across the street into a field and left them there to die. Some were killed by coyotes. I took the little cat, who was going to die. From what I was told, she survived being taken across the street to die because the mother cat had left her in a different spot or something. I went outside in the cold, rain and dark with a flashlight and there she was in the backyard meowing at me and soaking wet, just a few weeks old. She didn't take to a bottle very well and wasn't getting enough nutrition from goat's milk so I bought her kitten formula and squirted it in her mouth with an empty syringe around the clock every 2 hours for over a month. Prior to my syringe epiphany she was very weak and on her way to dying.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:54 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• No good deed goes unpunished, am I right? LOL I think you were a very sweet person for taking in so many ill animals.
    dragonqueen

Answer by dragonqueen at 2:10 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• No need to explain.. U know ur reason behind wat u did & thats all that matters.. Jus ignore it when ppl feel the need to bash
    tiamesmer

Answer by tiamesmer at 2:12 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I saw your p about that earlier and I was going to tell you that I thought you were a very loving person to do that. It's a heartless ____ that can watch cats suffer and die and idly stand by and do nothing about it.you rocklove you signcat

SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:14 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I did not see the post, but what a lovely heart you have to have taken on that RESPONSIBILITY and care for so many.  KUDO's to YOU and others whom do not like to see ANY animal suffer and what better life you can give than like those cold hearted souls whom would rather they die. I have one word for people like that. KARMA!!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:30 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• oh yes I saw your answer about cats lol she did not read all of it I guess she only read where you said ended up with 20,some people love to judge !!
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 2:15 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I personally think that was very sweet of you :) Who cares what she says? You know what the circumstances were.
    jackiec7707

Answer by jackiec7707 at 2:26 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I've had a lot of dogs and mostly cats throughout my life and I honestly believe the best ones are the rescue animals. They seem to "know" that you saved them and how good they have it.

SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:29 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• *post
    SweetLoveofMine

• I agree SweetLoveofMine! My father years ago had rescued a boy cat whom he called OJ..cause he was orange juice colored he said ( it was weeks before the OJ thing in the '90's)

My Dad I THOUGHT could give a damn about any animals and here this Momma kitty had her babies, OJ was the ONLY male out of 5. I had names for all of them....2 calico colored were Pixie and Dixie and Ying and Yang, they were solid tabby's.

Sadly I could not keep the other 4, and I took them to the shelter, prayed they found great homes, but OJ had the bestest of life. My Dad drove 45 minutes just to get this kitten eye drops cause OJ had messed up gunk round his eyes. I made sure they were all OK...but the Momma left them ( which is why I took the 4 to the pound, my Dad took OJ ) and here my then 64 yr old Dad bottle fed OJ.

They were the best buddies...he loved car rides. Im not much of a cat person, but I loved OJ..despite my allergies to him!
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 3:54 AM on Jan. 29, 2011