Pregnancy Advice...looking for moms who have been through the same thing. adult content

my next dr. visit isn't for a while, and i think that i've developed a hemorrhoid since my last dr. appt. anywho, i know that they are very common during pregnancy, but i've been putting off my dh in the bedroom because i don't want to cause any damage. Can you still have sex while pregnant if you have a hemorrhoid? it's not bleeding, it's just really swollen/ engorged. i don't want to hurt myself or the baby (i'm 19weeks BTW) did any of you still have sex with a hemorrhoid, what can i expect?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:16 AM on Jan. 29, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Your OBGYN can prescribe a cream that you can't get over the counter & works great at reducing the swelling. Sex with your DH is fine & won't cause any damage (No anal sex obviously). But once you reduce the swelling you will feel better. Also ask your OBGYN for a prenatal vitamin with a stool softener in it. You probably have been straining to have a bowl movement because of constipation. Also they will tell you what stool softeners you can take over the counter like Colace. Call your Dr. ASAP you don't have to suffer with this so early on. Feel better!

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:17 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• You can still have sex with hemorrhoids and it wont do anything to your baby. I would use witch hazel too because its very soothing and its totally safe when pregnant.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:01 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Babe do what you feel comfortable with!  Having a hemorrhoid and having sex won't hurt your baby, no.  You can also put the hemorrhoid back in yourself.  That is suppose to have A LOT of relief.  Hold on, I'll post the HOW TOs on how to put it back in.  You don't have to be uncomfortable and wait until your Dr.s visit babe!

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 2:22 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 2:26 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Okay I couldn't find EXACTLY where I had seen the article about putting hemorrhoids back in.  It had said something about using a lubricant and very gently pushing it back in.  Whatever your comfortable with babe!

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 2:28 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• thanks.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:30 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Ohhhhhh nice one!  I forgot about witch hazel!

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 3:02 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• i know it sounds awful but noxema also works great.
    MomaWeeks

Answer by MomaWeeks at 10:03 AM on Jan. 29, 2011