Toy Guns...

I personally think my son is to young for one (he is only 1), but he expressed an interest for one in the stores. which started me thinking about what age did you allow your kid to have a plastic toy gun?

and the idea of him never having a toy gun isn't up for debate. he is going to have one some day. so save your fingers.

MythicMMM

Asked by MythicMMM at 8:39 PM on Nov. 14, 2008 in General Parenting

• whenever, i dont think at 1 they even comprehend the meaning of gun. I would get him one if he wanted.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 8:46 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• My kids don't have any.
    Anonymous

• My son is one. He has a toy gun that shoots circle, frizbee type things. He loves it. I think we got it at the dollar tree.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 8:49 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I don't let my kids have anything that looks remotely like a real gun!
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 8:53 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• We tried the no toy guns, my son used anything else, like one time a paper towel roll, for a gun so don't let the "do-gooders" make you feel guilty! I think it's like any other toy, if you are not comfortable getting it wait, if you think he really wants it and are okay with it then get it.
    Anonymous

• I think my son was about 6 months old when somebody gave him a plastic toy gun, I never even considered not letting him have toy guns or toy firetrucks or whatever. Toys are toys!
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 9:28 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I would say age 4, myself, when he can get where it is ok to point one and where it is not ok
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 9:38 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• My son had water guns around two? We don't have any other kind of guns. He's 4 now and he has expressed an interest in the kind of target gun that shoots darts that stick to things - (suction cup).
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 9:38 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• The earlier he knows what its for the better

Star419

Answer by Star419 at 12:13 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I don't know. I am not a do-gooder but I am not planning on buying a gun for my son. If family gets him a toy gun I'm not going to have a fuss over it. We were at the beach in a condo and he found a toy water gun (he's two) and
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 1:43 AM on Nov. 15, 2008