how can i make my stepson happy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:43 PM on Nov. 14, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• More info?
    Anonymous

• I have one too. We need more information.
    mwebb

Answer by mwebb at 9:03 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I'm beginning to think you can't. I have a stepson that I have raised in every way a bio-mom should. And he writes me mean letters about how he wants to move out because I'm a monster and I don't do anything for him. Makes me not even want to bother trying anymore.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 9:18 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Feesha - how old is yours? If you do everything for him and he's old enough, maybe you should stop and show him what not doing anything for him really is. He has to do laundry, pack own lunch, etc. I bet he'd regret his words after a few days of that. (Could be a bad suggestion, but if he's 8 or older, I would give it a try.)
    Anonymous

• To original poster: To make him happy you can only do so much. Do what you have to as a mom - cooking, cleaning, laundry for him, give him baths. With mine I've kinda dubbed Wednesday as our activity day - we go to lunch after school, then the library. He enjoys that. I also try to get him about and about by taking him to the park and playing ball with him at least one day a week and do his homework with him. He also gets a story from me at bedtime (as long as we have time and he hasn't lost the privilege for some bad behavior earlier in the day). Mine seems pretty happy. *shrugs*
    Anonymous

• U have to show him as much luv as any other kid. But he will always rezent u with his father.
    bustedbaby106

Answer by bustedbaby106 at 11:45 PM on Nov. 15, 2008