Do all women who have had abortions seem really bitter and angry? Or is it just on CM?

Not really sure which category this belongs in....
I've been seeing a lot of posts about abortion lately in different groups and those who say they've had abortions seem very bitter and angry toward everyone. Are all women who have aborted like that or is it only the women on here? Why are they so angry and unhappy? If abortion made their lives better, I'd hate to see what they were like before. I'm not trying to be rude or anything and I'm not saying that abortion is right or wrong in this post, I'm just really curious why there seems to be a correlation between women who've had abortions and being angry, bitter, unhappy people.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:26 AM on Jan. 29, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Just because it was a decision they made cause it had to be done at the time for whatever reasons, doesn't mean you enjoy it, neither physically nor emotionally. Of course you will be angry and of course you will be sad and depressed and dealing with the consequences of your choice, whatever they are. So ease up and cut them some slack, they don't stay like this their whole lives but this is a big thing to deal with and anger is part of the process.
    Marianne140

Answer by Marianne140 at 3:33 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I would think that anyone who willingly ended their child's life would feel tremendous guilt and unhappiness.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:35 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I had one. It was after a rape. Its not something Im happy about but I am not ashamed of it. I was young and scared and the guy who did it threatened me if I was pg. I am posting anon though because it is very private. I post on cm a lot and I am not angry or bitter and I dont think that people take me as being like that. I don't think people should jump in and get one like its nothing but I dont judge. Idk, maybe its just the cms that you have noticed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:37 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Everyone has to deal with their consequences.  Whether those be good or bad.  Later on in life there are always the "what ifs".  The "what if I would have done this, what if I would have done that".  Guilt can make people do and say extreme things.  Maybe the guilt or the "what if" questions are haunting them. Maybe they don't realize they are bitter and angry.  I have known plenty of women who have been torn up by guilt and not able to get past it.  I have the firm belief that you have to deal with your consequences.  Whether good or bad you have to own up to it and move on.  What's done is done.  But sometimes life and feelings and thoughts are so very much more complicated than that. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 3:47 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Sorry, I have had way too much caffeine, lol.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 3:48 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I have been through a lot and have endured a lot of pain and loss but, I have always retained my sense of humor. As a matter of fact humor is probably the only thing that got me through most of it but, I just don't think it would get me through that.
    goodwitch399

Answer by goodwitch399 at 3:49 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Really.
    I had to go back and re-read your question. Question, how many people do you know celebrate the act of getting an abortion? I mean like wow. I think for MOST women the only correlation is that abortion is a tough decision to make period (once again most women). And you say your not trying to be rude, well excuse me, rude.
    sunie101

Answer by sunie101 at 4:22 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• hun this is cafemom. We have like a bazillion hormonal women on here at any given time from all parts of the world. Everyone has a bitchy day, and cm is where it will come out the most.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 5:29 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Ok, so it's not just women who've had abortions who are on CM, it's women on CM in general who can be angry and unhappy. : ) Good to know. But seriously, have you read some of those posts? It can get pretty crazy sometimes.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:40 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• seems that way because its also the nature of the internet. You can be nasty here and no one's gonna be able to slap ya for being a jerk.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:44 AM on Jan. 29, 2011