How long after a Miscarriage can you concieve??

I had a miscarriage in december... I have been active since then and I havent had a period. Could I be pregnant again??

Tya700

Asked by Tya700 at 3:47 AM on Jan. 29, 2011 in Pregnancy

• baby dustYep. Doctors usually say you can ttc right after a miscarriage for the most part.

SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:56 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I was told that I had to wait 6 months before I could get pregnant again after I had my miscarriage.
    daisyp2007

Answer by daisyp2007 at 3:58 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• It depends on how far along you were and if there was a d&c involved and all of that I think.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:00 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I knew a few girls who miscarried and conceived right away.. apparently you are most fertile after miscarriage or giving birth because the uterus is already prepared for it. If you want to become pregnant again, make sure you are taking prenatal vitamins! Good luck!
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 4:01 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I concieved my daughter 2 weeks after my miscarriage, we were planning on waiting but it just happened.
    Melissa_anne

Answer by Melissa_anne at 4:16 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Practically right away. I have two children but in between them I got pregnant and had a miscarraige at an estimated around five weeks. Three weeks later when I went in to get birth control from the planned parenthood I still showed up as pregnant, another week later they sent of blood tests and sure enough I wasn't testing false postives from teh previous pregnancy, it was trulya whole new one. Unfortately for me that one too ended in miscarraige, but I now have a happy healthy four month old boy and alls good.
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 5:30 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Doctors recommend that you wait at leat 4 weeks before trying to conceive again. This is to allow your body time to heal. I had 5 miscarriages and it seems like when I would have a pregnancy that stuck, it was right after a miscarriage. My son Lucas was born less than 9 months to the day from a miscarriage. He was not early either. My daughter Jerni was born 9 months to the day of a miscarriage. I suggest to just relax and do what feels right for you. Some people need time to heal emotionally before they even think of trying again. But then in the same notion, some people are just very determined to get preg again. I will say this though, you do have an increased chance to miscarry again if you conceive too quickly. Only nature can decide what will happen.
    Justice828

Answer by Justice828 at 8:42 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I also mc in dec my doc said to wait for 2 af and then ttc but i've come to the conclusion that none of them know when to ttc again bc everyone i've heard has been told a different answer about waiting. Good luck.
    MomaWeeks

Answer by MomaWeeks at 9:59 AM on Jan. 29, 2011