Pregnancy test results adult content

how many women have taken hpt and received negatives repeatedley only to find out that in fact in deed you were pregnant? I am no almost 2 weeks late for my period, my last period was Dec. 20th and my hpt as of January 27th was negative... But im still not showing any signs of starting my period soon...

Saralanden

Asked by Saralanden at 4:12 AM on Jan. 29, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Your period may just be off or the test that you're taking may not be picking up on the pregnancy hormone yet. Make sure you've read the instructions completely. Do it first thing in the morning when you wake up and the hormones are at their highest. You could also go to the dr for a more accurate blood test.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:18 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• This is tricky. you may be late for many reasons. if you are really really hoping for a positive test result, sometimes your body will show signs you are pregnant. Take a test every week, or go to the doctor and ask for a blood test. You are more likely to have a false negative than a false positive
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 4:19 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Best thing to do. Go to the doctor.
    sunie101

Answer by sunie101 at 5:23 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Ive not had one come out negtive and be wrong. I had three come out positive on a saturday. When I went to the doctor on Monday it was negative.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 7:05 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• YOu could just be stressed. When in doubt call your doc and get a blood test
    Justice828

Answer by Justice828 at 7:56 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Well December of 2009 I took 3 HPT's and they were negative, I went to the hospital they did a blood preggo test & turned out I was 7 weeks pregnant but unfortunately it was an ectopic pregnancy. I think the best thing you should do is go see your doctor for a blood pregnancy test if AF doesn't come down soon those are way more accurate then HPT's. But try not to stress yourself out too much because that can also delay your period, it's happened to be before as well.
    VanillaBlondie8

Answer by VanillaBlondie8 at 11:35 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• try a digital test... they are so much more accurate because I've found that the 2nd line on the other type of test can be so faint that you think the test is negative. I agree with Vanilla... I also had an ectopic:(
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 11:40 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• With this pregnancy, I had 2 pregnancy tests (1 day apart) come out negative. I waited a week, tested again, and that test was positive. (Along with 2 others after it a day or two later.) I think I just ovulated a little later than "normal."
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 12:43 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Thanks Ladies, i havent been overly stressed at all, I want to be prego, but I decided to not worry about it, and let it happen when it is supposed to happen! And tomorrow will make 42 days since I have had a period!
    Saralanden

Comment by Saralanden (original poster) at 3:33 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• that has never happen to me but my sister never took a home test that was postive she had to have blood work done all 3 times
    kdtmartin

Answer by kdtmartin at 5:44 PM on Jan. 31, 2011