What do i say to a young mom who......?

was a friend, but I separated myself from her because she was acting very "woe is me" like.

I don't have the need to hang out with her anymore because I have moved passed it, but I need one thing to say because she is humiliating herself. Everyone talks about it behind her back. She is always on Facebook posting TMI about personal life. example:

today she was posting another woe is me about needing a man

the other day she was complaining about her baby's father

every few days she posts about how she is messing with her baby's father and then all of the sudden he is playing mind games, w/e

and the list freaking goes on, food stamps, welfare, no childcare, etc

All of which is totally fixable, she got her diploma at 20, her baby's father is more than willing to watch their son and so is his mother, she quit her job even though her job was willing to give it back to her after a year of 'bonding' so the welfare and food stamps, imo, is her own fault.  it just keeps going.

What would be a wise saying to tell her.  Maybe like "STFU you look desperate!"  I don't want to put it but it's what I am thinking. 

the chick also wines about not having a car, I had a car for her, ready to go, well she didn't have her license and she couldn't work out payments on a thousand dollar car.  uh yah, right

She also smokes weed all of the time, which bye the way I am not against if you have the card, but if you are wasting money on that yet you complain about how everything else is wrong with money, how do you expect anything to be better?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:18 AM on Jan. 29, 2011 in Relationships

• I mean her life could get better. She only have one child right? A diploma? She can get off the drugs, and go to college to make a good living for her and that child. It can be done trust me. Back in 2002 my life was a total mess. I never used drugs though, but financially, it was a wreck until I said "NO MORE". I now have an associates degree, and 12 credits from having my bachelors. It's hard going to school, work, and care for kids but it can be done. This girl apparently chooses to not do anything but whine and hope someone comes along and feel sorry for her. I really truly believe, and I hope I'm wrong, but I think she's hoping some man on Face Book would come along and feel sorry for her. She just better hope he's not the wrong man. Face Book to me is the wrong place to meet someone, you just don't know who they "REALLY" are until its too late.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 5:11 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Tell her when you create a shit sandwich for yourself, one day you're gonna end up eating it. Seriously tell her to do what she gotta do to get what she wants..you can't just sit there and expect a fairy to one day drop you off a life. Does she think someone is going to take care of her if she complains enough? I hate people like that.
    jackiec7707

Answer by jackiec7707 at 4:31 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Don't call CPS..WHY? Because its going to happen anyway, but at least you won't feel guilty for doing it. There is so much she can do to keep endangering the child. This girl should not have the care of kids in her custody. I really feel bad for children in our society who are victims in their own home all because irresponsible parents aren't taking proper care of them. My advice to you? Try knocking some sense into her noggin. This woman is heading down a path of destruction, and when you do drugs, you're on a path of destruction. You have drug dealers around you..where else can you buy the drugs? I don't know this person, but it really sound like she need someone close to her to step in, maybe a family member, and take those kids. I have my brother's two daughters ages 5 and 7 because he's on drugs bad, and I've had them since birth.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 5:00 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Wow. Umm, you are listening to all of her "woes" why? I would unfriend her on FB and when she starts complaining about whatever in person, politely tell her you have enough going on in your own life and can't listen to that and to stop or otherwise you don't see how you can still see her. Maybe send her an email that explains everything, but be nice.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:27 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• oh trust me, the girl is blocked from posting on my wall. I noticed the woe is me stuff a long time ago. I came over once and OMG TMI overload. My SO thinks it's funny that someone would be so open about that stuff but he thinks I should say something to her. I honestly don't know how to put it with out being too mean.

People now have phrases for her like when something is TMI they say "don't pull a (fill in name)" It's become a joke because I guess the pitty party left and the "do something about it" party crashed in
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:35 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• @jackiec7707
    me too. I am a self motivated person so this crap is weird to me. I can't wrap my head around why some people are like this. Some select family members act like that too and lets just say, nothing is really going good for them.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:37 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Ditch her...too much drama.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 4:44 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• And believe me, the weed is playing a "MAJOR" role in her life. It''s sad though for the children. They're victims to this madness.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 4:45 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• fine maybe I won't say anything

I was going to try and be helpful, but from any angle I look at it no matter what I say she is probably going to turn it into another woe is me issue.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:46 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I mean to go on Facebook and put your business out there like that is incompetent.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 4:47 AM on Jan. 29, 2011