What the best place to meet a good man at instead of night clubs and dating sites and bars and singles dance

tinamarie1972

Asked by tinamarie1972 at 5:41 AM on Jan. 29, 2011 in Relationships

• Church. Seriously.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 5:43 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Dang I knew someone would say church. Yeah thats fine if you want someone who's religious. You can also join clubs that places like the Y and the Library and Community Centers have. Community College. Join a club there or take a night course, many night students are working adults a bit older than the usual college crowd. Good luck.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:35 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Through friends...
    Justice828

Answer by Justice828 at 7:52 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• You can meet people anywhere...you just have to open yourself up and talk to people everywhere you go. I know couples who have met at all sorts of places. One of our good friends met his wife at the bank. A coworker of mine met her husband at the hospital during clinicals....he was there visiting his sister who had just had a baby. I know plenty of people who have met at church through their families....at the gym....
    MomOnTheRun11

Answer by MomOnTheRun11 at 8:23 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Join groups that interest you at meetup.com. Whatever your interests are......reading, bowling, lunch/brunch, antiques, hiking, etc. Get involved for yourself and see where it leads.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:25 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• at work or through friends
    MomaWeeks

Answer by MomaWeeks at 9:53 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I actually met my bf thru a friend that I knew from a bar that we both went too. She introduced us and introduced me to a few other people as well and from there we all hit it off and my bf and I were friends for about a month. Hanging out talking having a few drinks together, nothing serious. Until one nite he FINALLY gave me his number and I texted him the next nite. We went to the movies and then later in the week I met him at a bar cause I was up near where he lived because he had asked me to his work christmas party and from there we decided that we would take it to the next level. We've been together ever since and he loves me and my four kids and we're always staying up at his place with him because he always wants us here. So you CAN meet good guys at bars and thru friends. Good luck!
    Bird16_J

Answer by Bird16_J at 9:59 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I've met some amazing, single and "good" men through my high school alumni association. I began volunteering a few years back even though I'm not in my home state anymore. I generally have to validate email addresses. While doing that I chat with them to update their information including if they are married or not! If not, I would get to know them better. Some even came to my state (FL) and visited so we could date. I finally found a winner/keeper on this last one!

Answer by admckenzie at 11:10 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• If you don't mind him being a dad, go to places like Chuckie Cheese or other children's place on the weekend (it is a good idea to look up which weekends non custidial parents get the children. Seriously, on those weekends, chuckie cheese is crawling with single dads. I guess if you don't have children of your own, you would have to borrow a friend or family memeber's child lol (othewise you will look creepy )
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 12:36 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Ask your friends if they know anyone they can hook you up with.
    PatriciaofMN

Answer by PatriciaofMN at 6:22 PM on Jan. 29, 2011