How do you become a Party Planner?

I love planning parties. Ive had everyone suggest I become one, but honestly how does one do that. I don't want to just take a ad out, I would like to know if there are classes and stuff and if so which are some good ones. I'm thinking already taking some business classes but what else could I do.

I do not expect to just do this and have it started up this year. I'm taking this year and helping all my friends and family with there parties so I can get a handle on doing other peoples.

Any advice would be great. I'm a stay at home mom, and would like to earn some money without having to do a 9-5 job.

whoreallycares

Asked by whoreallycares at 7:03 AM on Jan. 29, 2011 in Money & Work

• The best way is to apprentice with a successful party planner

Answer by rkoloms at 3:52 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Get the course listings from your local colleges and see if they offer classes in it. Google it and see what comes up. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:11 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• there are courses you can take for it, but the best way would be to work for an event planner in your area. It is better to get paid to train than pay a lot for it. The people you will be planning for will not really be impressed with the classes that are out there for it. They will want to see a portfolio of what you have done.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Bizymoms.com has everything you need to start a career as a planner.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 4:16 PM on Jan. 29, 2011