Is it ok?

To break up over a text? As in I text you " I am breaking up with you. Or I want a divorce"

Asked by louise2 at 7:11 AM on Jan. 29, 2011 in Relationships

• Maybe for highschoolers but not really for adults imo. It seems cowardly somehow.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 7:14 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• No way- that should always be done in person. If you are afraid of a possible scene, then do it in public. But you should at least be considerate enough to do it face to face. It's seems only right.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:16 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• If it were done to you and you'd be okay with it, I don't see a problem with you doing it. To each his/her own!
    prissysayshi

Answer by prissysayshi at 7:44 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• As adults it really is immature to do it that way. I think asking for a divorce via text is really horrible. BUT, a few years before I met my husband I was dating this guy. He seemed really nice, a computer nerd. We dated for 2-3 months. One night I was staying at his house and he frequently ignored me for his computers. It irritated me. I waited in bed for a few hours before I was like screw this. I got on my laptop and started chatting with some friends. Somehow computer nerd managed to hack into my system and could control my computer from his. It really freaked me out, I couldnt type anything unless he allowed me. I called a very close friend of mine quietly and begged him to come get me. In the mean time this guy started freaking out on me. I bailed out of there and I did break up with him via email. I was scared to go anywhere near the nut job.
    Justice828

Answer by Justice828 at 7:45 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• It's easier to say things like that to a screen than a person. I think it's ok if it's followed up with a face to face discussion about it. It helps get the anger out of the way before the discussion.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:05 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• A coward would only do it that way.
    PatriciaofMN

Answer by PatriciaofMN at 6:17 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• No. It's pretty cheesy and lacks class.
    etexmom

Answer by etexmom at 12:32 AM on Jan. 30, 2011