It happend to me too?

I was sitting here in my tv/computer room. My DH comes in and says "I invited a couple from work over". I said when. Hes said tonight. It was around 4pm when he said this. I freaked. I jumped up and started throwing stuff in closets. Shoving dirty dishes in the dishwasher. Cleaning the bathrooms up a bit Ordering my DH around like a drill SGT, bitching him out at the same time about do things like this. Make a salad and some tea and Chrystal light. My DH was making steaks and potato. After all that Running around. I went and put a bra on and went back and sat down . To wait for them to come. 7:30 pm came rolling around. I ask my DH how late did they say they where coming. He said I am going to call them and cancel tell tomorrow. He thought they where coming earlier. I hate that!!UUGGG!!!!

Asked by louise2 at 7:24 AM on Jan. 29, 2011 in Relationships

• I dont blame ya! I think I would beat the man for doing that last minute crap! (No- I'm not promoting spousal abuse- just a figure of speech- no bashing plz) There has to be at least a 24 hour notice so you can prepare for company. I mean- duh! If you're like most households, unless it's close friends or family, your house is not "company -ready" at all times! I hope he helped & that he learned his lesson so there wont be a next time.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:30 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I know how you feel. Except my bf told me that a friend from work was coming over for xmas dinner which was fine made everything and had everything ready and my bf texted him and he said he was on his way. 730 rolls around and NOTHING we went the whole nite without hearing from him. Then he went to work and chewed his ass out because all he had to do was text and say he couldn't come or was running late I would've understood. And I HATE when stupid people do that! Jerks anyways.
    Bird16_J

Answer by Bird16_J at 9:24 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• lol my dh knows better than to pull that crap. Tell him ext time he wants to invite someone, give you at least 2 days notice!
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 7:32 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Strangely, I like that AND hate that at the same time. It's a motivational clean up for me since we don't do company that often, but at the same time...last minute stuff is still one of those stressers...and if they don't come...at least the place is cleaner and there's more time to do the details later....sorry you had to go through that.
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 8:01 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• MY SO won't do that. He knows he would be dead in that instant. He always asks me first if it is ok with me if someone comes over and when. He knows how important to me to make everything perfect when we have guests. I so really love him because of this (as well:P)
    adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 10:47 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• omg! after all that, even if it was midnight, i would tell them theyre freaking coming anyways!!!! lol. im sorry, that does suck!
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 7:51 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• maybe when i get old i will have all the time in the world to "stay ready" like my grandma..lol
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:11 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I think your husband showed you a lot of disrespect by inviting guests without running it by you first. And to have invited them for dinner and given you no notice is an insult of the highest order. I would tell him that. I would also tell him that if he did it again, he would get no help from me. He will be making all the preparations by himself, but be sure to tell him that you will smile and be polite to his guests. Emphasis on his. Our guests are invited to our home by us. That should be the rule. If he chooses to disobey the rule, then he should have to pay the consequences, not you. You wore yourself out for something he did, and then the folks didn't even show. It is time for you to draw a line in the sand and not to cross it. Boundaries in marriage are too important to ignore stunts such as this. You don't have to be hateful about it; you just need to be firm. His guests; his duty. Our guests; our duty!!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:14 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Lol sorry you had to go thru that. My grandma used to say "if you stay ready, you don't have to get ready"
    prissysayshi

Answer by prissysayshi at 7:39 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• prissy..my grandma says the same. lol
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:10 AM on Jan. 29, 2011