How much would you expect to be paid...

for being a nanny for 2 kids ages 2 and 3 for 9 hours a day for 3 days a week? You have to make lesson plans and crafts everyday (so you supply all the supplies you need for that). Wash the dishes and pick up after the kids.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:18 AM on Jan. 29, 2011 in General Parenting

• Depending on your qualifications, since it is a skilled job, of course some of the time will be spent with the children eating and napping and free play, so let's say 4 hours over the course of the day on lessons, then $25 an hour- for someone trained in early childhood learning for the 4 hours, and $8 an hour for the remaining time. Which comes out to be $140 a day. Plus the cost of crafts- say $10 a day averaged out.

Answer by Bmat at 8:24 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I would say $400 per week with the parent paying for the craft supplies. This obviously depends on the nannys qualifications
    Justice828

Answer by Justice828 at 8:38 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• You can get a general idea of what people charge/pay in your area at care.com.  Use the pulldown to see the different categories.  It should be helpful.  And I would have the parents pay for supplies if they have asked you to do activities with the kids.

http://www.care.com/care-p1271.html

elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:41 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I nanny for 3 children, ages 6, 4, and 2. I don't have to make lesson plans, but I am expected to do crafts with them, and do various learning activities over the course of the day. (practice writing skills, help with homework, play educational games teaching math skills, spelling, reading, etc....) The 6 year old goes to school at 12:30, so I'm down to 2 for the rest for the time after that. If I were expected to make lesson plans AND provide my own supplies for crafts (which I honestly think is kinda cruddy), I would definitely charge more than the $12 an hour that I do. Probably more in the neighborhood of $15 to $20.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 10:44 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I would have to be paid mimimum wage like the law says and if they can afford more then I would take more.
    LindaJacobs

Answer by LindaJacobs at 1:33 PM on Jan. 29, 2011